Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is my plan ok? 2009/3/21 21:06
Dear all

I plan to spend a day in these four places, starting from early morning visit to Tsukiji. Do you think i have arranged too many activities in one day and would be rushing for time?

Appreciate your advise and suggestion. Thanks!

Tsukiji Fish Market - view auction and have morning breakfast

Tsukishima - for Okonomiyaki!

Tokyo Tower - sight seeing

Ginza - window shopping
by esteezy  

... 2009/3/21 23:17
Yes, this can be done in one day! Note that stores in Ginza close around 7-8.
by Uji rate this post as useful

:-) 2009/3/22 02:46
Lovely! Thank you, Uji for the heads up!
by esteezy rate this post as useful

If I were you... 2009/3/22 05:07
Uji is right--you can do it all in one day. However, If I were you, I would visit Tocho--the metropolitan government building instead of Tokyo tower. The tower is cool, and looks great illuminated at night, but it's a little spendy to go to the top, and usually pretty crowded. Tocho, in shinjuku, is free, and not so crowded (it has a lot more space) and is open until around 10pm for some fantastic night views. Unless you have more reason to go to Tsukishima than for okonmiyaki, I would go to Asakusa. There, you can see Kaminarimon, Nakamise dori, and Sensoji. The reason I say this is that just inside and to the left of Kaminarimon (looking at it from the outside) is Monja/Okonomiyaki shop that is small, but very very good. This way, you could fit in a little more sightseeing and have great food at the same time. It's quite a bit more spread out than going from Tsukiji to Tokyo tower to Ginza, but still doable in a day. --Just a suggestion as not everybody shares the same interests....
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

order 2009/3/22 08:48
Ginza is far closer to Tsukiji than Tokyo Tower, so I suggest visiting Ginza before Tokyo Tower with that itinerary. Tsukishima-Tokyo Tower-Ginza is back tracking a bit, but not overly so, especially if you are staying in the Ginza area. If you are staying elsewhere, Tsukishima-Ginza-Tokyo Tower would be the more efficient route.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread