Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Itinerary - Should I add more? 2009/3/23 15:05
I will be visiting Nara, Todaijii Temple, Kasuga Srine, Golden Pavillion, Nijo Castle, Kyoto Imperial Palace, Sanjusangendo Hall, Heian Shrine, Kiyomizu Temple.

What else should we see that is not listed here? We have 1 1/2 days to add more places and need suggestions. We are staying near Kyoto Train Station.
by J. Johnson (guest)  

pls 2009/3/23 22:41
i would recommend the obvious ones, the Fushimi Inari gates and Tofukuji Temple 5 mins. away. The Arashiyama area and the smaller temples. Also another side trip an hour away north is Ohara, a beautiful mountain village.

o...and the path of philosophy..that's if ur visiting soon.
by m100 (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/23 23:57
can know u mention the Fushimi Inari gates and Tofukuji Temple 5 mins. away, walking or by Train?
by blackjazzboy rate this post as useful

Kawai Kanjiro 2009/3/24 06:51
All the above suggestions plus the Kawai Kanjiro Memorial Hall, between Sanjusangendo and Kiyomizudera: a wonderful example of a traditional home, plus the added bonus of an insight into the working life of one of Japans national treasures: Kawai Kanjiro was a famous potter:the climbing kiln is amazing: look him up on google and see if this would interest you
by fmj rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/25 09:31
@blackjazzboy

not too clear on ur question.. tofukuji and Inari gates are about a 5 minute ride by train from kyoto station. But i meant a 5-10 mins walk from each other and also just one train stop between each other, though the stop in front of tofukuji is not directly in front of the temple.

google earth google earth google earth i can't recommend using it enough... very helpful and addictive
by m100 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread