Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trips from Tokyo.... 2009/3/24 00:22
Hi. Ive been browsing this site for hours now, and have gained a lot of knowledge for my holiday in a few weeks to Tokyo. My question is can people recommend me places to go that are a short distance away from Tokyo? Interesting places that you can spend a day there, but you can come back to Tokyo the same day. Any suggesstions would be great. Thanks!
by Jony aka Leviathon (guest)  

A list 2009/3/24 10:09
Mt. Takao, Kamakura, Nokogiri-yama, and also Nikko, the Fuji Five Lakes area and Hakone if you don't mind longer travelling times (i.e. around 2 hours each way).
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Yokohama 2009/3/25 00:03
...is only about an hour away and you can take JR directly without a ton of switching trains. There's good information on this site about Yokohama. It's got the biggest Chinatown in Japan, and a bunch of other stuff you can do for the day. The ramen museum is also on the way.
by Dr Bob rate this post as useful

kusatsu 2009/3/25 05:27
I loved Kusatsu onsen for a day trip. but it's nicer to stay overnight. Daytrip is fine if you want to see the best onsen in japan.
by idea ikea iloveit (guest) rate this post as useful

NIKKO! 2009/3/25 06:00
Definitely Nikko, it's a wonderful place
by Dave (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread