Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Catching a Taxi at Nippori Station 2009/3/24 12:38
Hi,
Just a quick question... I want to know how easy it will be to catch a taxi late at night from Nippori Station to our Ryokan in Taito-ku (apparently very closeby).
I am hoping there is a taxi rank outside of the Station but can't see it printed on the JR map I have. Do taxis wait at the ranks? Even at 11pm?
Is there a logo or anything to look for showing which way to the taxis?
Any advice will be appreciated!
Thanks!
by OziGlyn  

There is a glut 2009/3/24 14:50
Tokyo and indeed all major centres in Japan have wall to wall taxis. I would be utterly astounded if you walked out of Nippori station and couldn't see at least 20 of them lined up.The bulk of their business is the short hop.
by RodW rate this post as useful

. 2009/3/24 14:50
I haven't been to Nippori station in a while, but it is a renewed station that is a hub now for many train lines, I don't think you will have any troubles finding a taxi there.
by ExpressTrain rate this post as useful

Taxis 2009/3/24 17:20
11pm would be a peak time for taxis- the closer it gets to the last train the more taxis will be heading for the station. I agree, there should be a taxi rank very close to any of the exits and there should be lots of taxis waiting there (if it is raining you may have to line up to wait for a taxi, but they will keep arriving).
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread