Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

15 Day Itinerary Check 2009/3/25 05:41
Hi all, this is our 15 day itinerary. The first half we plan on hopping around, and the 2nd half is for the gf to indulge in tokyo (mostly shopping). we were unfortunate b/c the Koya temples were booked on the 28th, 29th.

Our plan is to activate a 7 day JR pass our first night to use the Narita Express. Good idea? or should we pay for the ride and activate the next morning so we can day trip out of Tokyo on the latter half of our trip?

We have temple and sakura viewing covered, so any non-temple/sakura ideas for 1 day in Kyoto?

Lastly, thank you members for the vast information posted here as the board has already been extremely helpful in planning and making reservations.

27 fri - ginza hotel
28 sat - tsukiji morning, then osaka capsule
29 sun - kyoto hostel
30 mon - koya temple
31 tue - osaka capsule
1 wed - hakone ryokan
2 thu - tokyo
3 fri - tokyo
4 sat - tokyo
5 sun - tokyo
6 mon - tokyo
7 tue - tokyo
8 wed - tokyo
9 thu - tokyo
10 fri - tokyo
11 sat - leave for LA
by seethefields (guest)  

dreadful... 2009/3/25 12:47
I think your itinerary cant be justified unless you have extremely unbalanced interest in Japan.

1. You should stay longer OR totally skip Kyoto. There are enoumous amount of things to see there, or just skip it if you have no interest in traditional Japan at all.

2. What do you do in 10 days in Tokyo? How much do you want to buy? Why Tokyo?

Osaka is also large enough to enjoy shopping and the same chain stores are located in both Tokyo and Osaka.(unless you are looking for an extremely special product). its advantage is you can make daytrips to surrounding tourist cities when you are tired from shopping.

Anyway, I advise you to allocate more days in Kyoto/Osaka, or just stay around Tokyo(= not to make trips to Kansai). It's a waste of money.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

Totally agree 2009/3/25 18:34
I totally agree. You shld spend more time in Kansai Area.
In Hakone you can spend at least 2 days, then you can climb on Fuji Mountain.
by lisanobu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread