Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 day or 14 day pass 2009/3/25 11:26
Hi! i need some help. My friends and I are travelling to Japan in April ; we're still unsure if we should get the 7 day or 14 day JR Pass

April 6 arrive Tokyo
April 7 Kyoto
April 8 Kyoto
April 9 Osaka
April 10 Osaka
April 11 Osaka
April 12 Hiroshimo
April 13 go back to tokyo
April 14 tokyo
April 15 tokyo
April 16 day trip to Hakone?
April 17
April 18 tokyo disney?
April 19 go back home

So would it be worthwhile to get a pass for our second week if we are kind of just travelling in tokyo?

thanks everybody!
by mona (guest)  

7 days 2009/3/25 12:27
Buy 7days and use it from April 7(when riding JR train to Kyoto) to 13.

For other days, check our Prepaid cards like SUICA.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

14 day pass possibility 2009/3/25 17:51
Maybe consider a 14 day pass: Narita Airport to Hiroshima, return, plus a day trip from Osaka to Himeji, would more than cover the costs [by about 4000Y]
Check on Hyperdia
by fmj rate this post as useful

7 days 2009/3/25 18:19
According to mona's itinerary, a 7 day pass would cover the trips to Kyoto, Hiroshima and back, so definitely a 7 day pass. a 14 day pass will not pay off at all if the second half is used in and around Tokyo- local transport is not that expensive.

Incidentally, what do you plan to do in Osaka for 3 days? There is far more to do in Kyoto. USJ perhaps?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

It depends on your schedule on17-19/04 2009/3/25 18:24
Hi,
What is the plan for April 17-19? It depends where you stay.
From Tokio you can easily go to Nikko (JR PASS not valid for Nikko-Lines)
You can go to Nara (JR PASS excludes NARA-Lines)
In Hakone you can stay 2 days. In a Ryokan and also climb on the Fuji mountain (JR PASS is not valid for Hakone Lines)
If you go to Hiroshima I highly recommend to go to Miyajima as well (Ferry costs are covered by JR Pass)
If you stay in Tokio these days only, then you can buy the one day ticket (for the Tokyo loop lines). About 740 YEN.

Actual I have similar trip to Japan in that period as well. But we start in Osaka-Himeji-Miyajima-Hiroshima-Tokio-Nikko-Hakone-Kyoto-Osaka in 9 days. We bought exchange order for 7 days. In Kyoto we will buy Kansai One day ticket, as well as in Hakone and Nara. We may see us in the shinkansen XD So should you need any advice, please let me know : )
Nono
by lisanobu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread