Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9 Days in Kanto & Kansai 2009/3/25 14:07
Can please help me to see whether it is good or need to change for my 9 days itinerary as follow :

Day 1: Arrive Tokyo -- take Shinkansen to Kyoto (stay 4 nights) (Shinkansen not cover by JR Pass right?)
Day 2: Kyoto
Day 3: Osaka
Day 4: Nara
Day 5 & 6: Hakone + Mt Fuji + Fuji Lake (stay 1 night) (it is better if I buy Fuji Hakone Pass?)
Day 7: Tokyo - Asakusa
Day 8: Tokyo - Nikko
Day 9: Tokoyo Center

Should I need to buy JR Pass or individual ticket place by place? Which day I can start to use if I get JR Pass?
by Khristy (guest)  

drop some 2009/3/25 23:50
Khristy,

You are trying to cover too many destinations in a limited period, and need to skip some cities.

FYI
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_7.html
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

Thks! 2009/3/26 11:04
Hi Ts, thks for help and the link is useful to me. I will change my itinerary instead.

Btw, any idea roughly how much the shinkansen fare from Tokyo to Kyoto?
by Khristy (guest) rate this post as useful

Did a search for you 2009/3/26 11:19
It is 13,720 yen to Kyoto on the slightly faster Nozomi shinkansen, or 13,420 on the slightly slower Hikari. That kind of info is easily Googled, by the way.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

7 day 2009/3/26 11:37
a 7 day JR Pass pays off in the Tokyo to Kyoto return trip, so if you add in Narita Express one way you are well ahead
by fmj rate this post as useful

Need More Info 2009/3/26 12:04
Hi Sira, 13720 is 1 way fare? Is there any cheaper fare or cheaper way by using JR Pass?

Hi fmj, when and where I can use JR Pass? from where to where is the Narita Express trip? Since I cannot use JR Pass for the trip from tokyo to kyoto, am I still need to have JR Pass during my trip?

JR pass= shinkansen use 2009/3/26 12:15
The Hikari and Kodama shinkansens, plus others ARE covered by the JR pass, just not the fastest Nozomi. The main point of the JR pass is that it covers the shinkansens.

The Narita Express trip is from Narita Airport to Tokyo.

Appreciate you help! 2009/3/26 12:33
Thks Sira...

Some more things to clarify (correct me if I am wrong):
- I should take Hikari to Osaka using JR Pass instead of taking Nozomi (no extra $ to be paid)

- I can start to use JR Pass from the 1st day I arrive Jap

I not sure the JR Pass must be used continuously day by day or I can use it alternative?

JR pass= shinkansen use 2009/3/26 13:03
Yes, take the Hikari to Osaka.

The JR pass is for 7 consecutive days.

Also, please never abbreviate Japan or Japanese to Jap- it's considered very rude.

Opps! 2009/3/26 14:00
I am sorry due to typo mistake! and Noted! thks!

reply to this thread