Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokunai Kippu 2009/3/25 17:58
Can I start use Tokunai Kippu ticket at station outside Tokyo area,example I will travel from Chiba station to Ikebukuro by JR train.Can I use Tokunai Kippu at chiba gate and pay extra at Ikeburo exit gate.
by Pimook (guest)  

Tokunai Pass 2009/3/25 23:34
Pimook,

The Tokunai Pass is not valid outside the central Tokyo area, so you cannot use it from Chiba. You will need to buy a regular ticket to the boundary station, which I believe will be Koiwa.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/3/26 00:08
You don't need to purchase a regular ticket to a boundry station, you can purchase the Tokunai Kippu From Chiba, the Kippu from Chiba. The kippu (ticket) will be 2 parts.

The first part of the ticket allows you to travel from Chiba to any station within the designated free area, the second part of the ticket allows you to travel as normal inside the Tokunai area, this same ticket allows you to return to Chiba from the free area, once you exit chiba, the ticket machines keep the ticket.

I know because I also live outside the Tokunai area, and it is perfectly possible to purchase the ticket outside the area, the ticket will come as described above if you live outside the area.

From Chiba it will cost 1630yen.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/tickets/info.aspx?GoodsCd=1069
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2009/3/26 00:10
In short you do all your purchasing at Chiba, no fare adjustments needed.

' 2009/3/26 19:25
thank you for your answer.
If I travel from Chiba to Ikebukuro(one way) and then travel around tokyo by using Tokunai Kippu and NOT return to Chiba.How can I buy ticket at Chiba.
by pimook (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/3/26 19:56
Then do what Dave suggested.

Buy a fare ticket that will take you to the border station, which is Koiwa Station (450 yen ticket). At Koiwa Station, exit the ticket gate with the ticket from Chiba, go to the ticket vending machines and purchase a regular Tokunai Kippu for 730yen. Hit the English function, press discount tickets and the Tokunai pass should be listed.

This will be cheaper then traveling from Chiba to Ikebukuro then paying for a Tokunai Kippu.

Since trains leave every few minutes (at Koiwa its like every 3-5 minutes), you aren't loosing much travel time by getting off at Koiwa then getting back on to Ikebukuro.

reply to this thread