Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels 2009/3/26 01:12
Hello,is it possible to visit Japan in April (4- 25) and not ordering hotels ahead,just to order when we will be there or that might be problematic?
by julia (guest)  

... 2009/3/26 07:39
It really depends on where you intend to go. Most areas of Japan should be no problem, but some days, especially Saturdays could be difficult in cities like Kyoto, where it is a peak tourist season.

Small tourist resorts might also be problematic on weekends.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kyoto already full 2009/3/26 10:58
The first half of April is absolute peak season in Kyoto as people go to see the cherry blossoms, and most hotels are booked out there months in advance, so you might want to leave Kyoto until late in your itinerary if you plan to go, and even them you may have some trouble. Weekends also fill up early, as Uji said. You might be ok, but you are also taking the risk that either everything will be full, or only expensive accommodation will be left over. Tokyo should be all right- with other places it depends on the area.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

One choice 2009/3/26 12:44
I am a Japanese living in Tokyo.
I also want to go to Kyoto in early April for cherry blossom viewing. I know cherry blossom season is a peak period and it is almost impossible to book a hotel.

However, there are type of hotels you can stay with reasonable price without reservation.

They are called "love hotels". Basically the hotels are for couples who want to stay for making love.

You can find the hotels in downtown center(ie in Tokyo, you can find them in Asakusa, Shinjuku, Shibuya///). You cannot book those kind of hotels. You need to go to the front desk directly. Some of those hotels do not even have a front desk and you just choose a room by pressing a buttom on a room picture.

Even if you are alone, there is no problem.

The charge varies depending on type of room. It usually costs 5000yen to 10000yen per night. The rooms are neat and clean, it is not so large though.

My wife and I will try some
love hotels in Kyoto.
There are a lot of love hotels in Kyoto, so we are not anxious about staying in Kyoto at all.
by TAHARN rate this post as useful

one option 2009/3/26 13:01
You can only rent love hotel rooms for one night at a time though and you can't leave your luggage there while you go sightseeing. Some of them can be in slightly seedy areas. Good as a last resort perhaps.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread