Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get form Kansai to Tokyo 2009/3/27 02:30
Hi all, I am planning to go to Tokyo this August and visit my long lost family and it's gonna be my 1st time to ever travel to Japan.

The direct flight to Tokyo is like 3-4x more expensive compared to flying to Osaka. So, i kinda made up my mind to take the trip to Osaka. With that, I'll be arriving at Kansai Airport.

Umm, is it easy for a tourist like me, bringing a 15kg baggage, to travel from Kansai Airport to Tokyo? Do you have suggestions? I did my research a while ago and found out that u pay extra to reserve tickets for the train rides. when taking the trains Hikari to get to Shin-Osaka and Shinkanzen Nozomi to get to Tokyo, do i really need to reserve a seat? Do the ticket counter clerks know how to speak english in the 1st place?
by aimeanslove (guest)  

... 2009/3/27 08:30
It is difficult to believe that flights into Tokyo are so much more expensive. I am sure that if you look elsewhere or later, that you can find flights to Tokyo for similar prices than flights to Osaka.

But, in case you cannot, it is easy to get from Kansai Airport to Tokyo. The fastest and easiest way is to fly from Kansai Airport to Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Starflyer Arlines has the best fares, but JAL and ANA also operate on the route.

By train, take the JR Haruka limited express to Shin-Osaka Station and then the Tokaido Shinkansen to Tokyo. It is also very easy to do with bilingual information everywhere.

I did my research a while ago and found out that u pay extra to reserve tickets for the train rides.

Seat reservation cost only around 500 yen (5 USD).

Do the ticket counter clerks know how to speak english in the 1st place?

Most speak enough for the relatively easy process of a ticket purchase.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread