Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima/Miyajima 2009/4/1 16:03
I'm thinking about going from Tokyo/Hiroshima/Miyajima/Kyoto.
In this case is it better to stay in hiroshima or Kyoto? The issue is checking in our luggage in either a hotel or a locker in the hiroshima station. i assume to go to kyoto from miyajima we have to go back to hiroshima?
by nc (guest)  

stay in kyoto 2009/4/1 17:14
Why not stay in Kyoto and do a day trip to Hiroshima/Miyajima. And yes, you do need to go back to Hiroshima to catch the Shinkansen.
by fmj rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/1 18:11
It depends on your preferred pace of travel and on how much time you have at your disposal.

If you are short of time and prefer a fast pace of travel, Hiroshima and Miyajima can be visited in a one-day trip from Kyoto. But if you prefer a slower pace and have enough time available, I recommend to overnight one or two nights in Hiroshima and/or on Miyajima.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thank you 2009/4/1 22:56
we're in tokyo a few days 1st then traveling and was planning to book the hotel in kyoto but wasn't sure if we should stop by to check in and then hop back on the train or just check our stuff in the lockers in the hiroshima train station and retrive it on our way backt o kyoto.
by nc (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/1 23:05
nc,

Even in case you do a daytrip to Hiroshima/Miyajima, it is best done from Kyoto, and not recommended from Tokyo(-Hiroshima-Kyoto route).

I'd stay and tour around Kyoto on the arrival day there, and do a daytrip on the other day.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

interesting 2009/4/1 23:25
Do u think tokyo to kyoto for a few hours then Hiroshima/Miyajima or is that really pushing it? i'm not sure how long we need for Hiroshima/Miyajima.
by nc (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/2 04:49
Tokyo to Kyoto, stay there, and do Hiroshima and Miyajima another day. It would not be possible to do it all in one day. OR as Uji says, go straight to Hiroshima from Tokyo, and stay there a night, and back to Kyoto the next evening. You need a minimum of one full day in Hiroshima and Miyajima.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Magic Miyajima 2009/4/3 01:02
An overnight stay in Miyajima is magical. You can see the tides change, low in the am and high at night.

I love the deers running around.

The island is truly magical.
by been there (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/3 06:13
You can see the tides change, low in the am and high at night

Of course, tides do not follow a 24 hour rhythm. Here is a tide predictor:
http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/tideshow.cgi?site=Itukusi...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Stay in Kyoto 2009/4/9 14:40
I would stay in Kyoto and take a bullet train to Hiroshima then take it back in the afternoon when you are finished. We started off with Miyajima Island then stayed for 3 hours then went to Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum.

You could do this as a day tour through Sunrise or JTB- they take care of everything / bullet train, tour, entry transportation between etc.. It didn't feel rushed at all.
by J. Johnson (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread