Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to maximize a 7-day JR pass? 2009/4/2 12:49
Could you give me some ideas to get the most out of a 7-day JR pass, if I want to avoid Tokyo and the Kansai area (I have covered them already in previous visits)? Of course I do not want to spend all my time sitting in a train, but what interesting AND faraway places can I visit within 7-days using a JR pass? FYI, I will be starting from Narita. Thanks very much.
by Schrott (guest)  

... 2009/4/2 16:44
I recommend to pick some places, which you have a personal interest in. Besides your interests, it also depends on the season of the year:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Miyajima 2009/4/3 01:11
Faraway does not necessarily mean more interesting or better. If you go further, you have to sit on the train longer.

Depends on your interests.

Miyajima is nice.
by guesting (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/8 10:55
Takayama is so excellent. I just came back yesterday. I used my JR pass to book the NOTO night train to Toyama and transferred to Takayama from there. The mountain view was so great. Takayama moring market was interesting. Then I picked up the train and travelled to GERO. The hotspring was execellent. I am sure I will go back to these two places next time.
by lester (guest) rate this post as useful

Tohoku 2009/4/8 21:06
The Tohoku region has a lot to offer. The return fare to Aomori is a good deal more than the cost of a 7 day pass and it's only a little over 4 hours from Tokyo by shinkansen.
by RodW rate this post as useful

reply to this thread