Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is NES Modeling Agency a good agency? 2009/4/2 16:15
I am thinking of applying for a models position for NES Modeling Agency. I just wanted to know if it is a safe and reputed agency. Has anyone worked for this agency?
Thanks in advance!
by carmine (guest)  

Lespros Agency 2009/4/2 21:29
I don't know about NES but Lespros is a really good agency. They have quite a lot of famous and successful models and actors like Aragaki Yui and some Vivi models. Hope this is helpful.
by hunny (guest) rate this post as useful

no 2009/7/18 16:05
I will be as balanced as possible.
They are not professional. I joined them for a short time thinking I might make a little money once in a while. It seemed like a couple of guys in wrinkled suits who own a travel agency or something, who decided to invite foreigners into their "agency" as a side business (at the back of their agency with no sign out front and bad directions to get there).
They had us out to get a variety of promo shots taken for no compensation but promised to give the shots to us for our use. We had to wait all day for one bad cut because the photographer was irresponsibly slow taking ridiculous pains and shooting many cuts of the first group of puffed up models who got a VIP treatment. These guys I was never introduced to walked around acting like they were in charge, assuming we all needed help with Japanese language etc..
NES later said there was nothing they could do, but it was obvious at the shoot that they didn't care, and had more important models to deal with.
I subsequently had to pester NES to get the one shot they took of me, and I can't use it because it sucks. The photographer took about 30 seconds to shoot me and the others who were in the same boat as myself.
The management is not, as I had suspected, overtly exploitative, but are very unprofessional and somewhat incompetent, and don't show respect to their models. They don't really get the nature of the relationship between model and non-exclusive agency, and they kind of treat you like an employee. etc.
I have never since been contacted for any jobs, and have just successfully managed to get them to remove me.
Do you know the expression "hole in the wall business"?
by D (guest) rate this post as useful

Website 2009/7/18 18:56
Their website is terrible. If the models on it are all they have to offer they are going nowhere fast.
I certainly would not waste my time putting myself on their books.
In their defense though this is quite typical of foreigner model agencies in Japan.
Absolutely ANYONE can sign up to them.
If you have a modelling history and a great portfolio try and break into an agency like the Lespros Hunny mentioned.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Becareful where you go.. 2009/8/30 02:36
I wouldn't look into Lespros unless you really really want to be a model, and you will do whatever it takes. Honestly, the only good thing about them is that they have connections, and popular models/talents. Other than that myself, and many other models have a hard time with them. They're terrible at getting back to you, never give you your photos/work you did, bad with organization, lie, changing their minds..
Just be really careful, and read your contract THOROUGHLY.
by Anon. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread