Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko inn in Osaka and Kyoto 2009/4/5 23:44
This is my first time to visit Osaka and Kyoto.Can someone tell me which Toyoko Inn is most convenient to stay as i will travel by JR and subway ?
by TERRY TAN  

recommendations 2009/4/6 18:45
Get hotels in both Osaka and Kyoto if you plan to visit both. Although Osaka and Kyoto are not far away from each other, it certainly takes enough time from one place to another to move on two or more consecutive days. All toyoko hotels in Kyoto are well placed, so any of the will be a good choice. In Osaka you have many choices, just choose one according to the places you want to visit.
by aerond rate this post as useful

Kyoto and Osaka 2009/4/6 21:32
In Kyoto, none of the 3 Toyoko-Inn locations are near a JR station. Maybe Toyoko-Inn Shijo-Omiya is somewhat near JR Nijo station. Toyoko-Inn Shijo Karasuma is a better location as it is near the Shijo subway station on the Karasuma line and also very near Hankyu Karasuma station. Hankyu is the best to use when travel is in between Osaka and Kyoto, 390 yen and about 45-50 mins on a Ltd Express train. Then if you need to get to JR Kyoto from Toyoko-Inn Shijo Karasuma, take the subway, it is just 2 stops away and 210 yen. Toyoko-In Shijo Karasuma is also very near Kyoto's shopping area and in walking distance to Gion.

In Osaka, Toyoko-Inn Nakatsu is a better location as it is near Hankyu Umeda station, JR Osaka station, Nakatsu subway station on the Midosuji line. If going to JR Shin-Osaka from Toyoko-Inn Nakatsu, take the Midosuji subway line up 2 stops and just 200 yen, when when going down to Namba also use the Midosuji subway line, 5 stops and 230 yen. If going to Kyoto from Toyoko-Inn Nakatsu, take Hankyu from the Umeda station, 390 yen and about 45-50 mins.
by HNL Hawaiian (guest) rate this post as useful

Shinosaka 2009/4/6 21:41
There are two Toyokos within 5' walk of Shinosaka station. It takes 15' from Shinosaka to Kyoto by shinkansen. No big deal if you have a JR pass and much easier to get luggage to and from for a base to the entire area.
by RodW rate this post as useful

reply to this thread