Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

don't think jrpass will payoss, do you 2009/4/7 01:20
Hi, i don't think a jr pass would pay off more than what i have planned, but am open to suggestion.
jun22nd Arrive at kansai airport Stay Jhoppers
jun23rd Explore Osaka, stay jhoppers
jun24th explore Osaka, take 123bus night bus to hiroshima(~6800Y)
jun25th exlore hiroshima, take 123bus night bus to Kyoto(~6800Y)
jun26th explore kyoto, stay jhoppers
jun27th explore kyoto stay jhoppers
Jun28th Head to nara, Stay yougendo guest house
Jun 29th explore nara, Stay yougendo guesthouse
Jun 30th head back to kyoto, take 123bus night bus to tokyo(8,200Y)
July1st explore tokyo, take night bus to fuji(6000) climb fuji
July 2nd descend fuji head to tokyo(6000) Stay Khaosan guesthouse
July 3rd stay tokyo
July 4th stay tokyo
July 5th stay tokyo
July 6th head to hatcho-yu onsen (10000Y for train and bus(4hours)
July 7th head back to tokyo (10000Y for bus and train) Stay akihabara capsule inn
July 8th Fly our of tokyo @2:30 pm

We want to hit hit himeji castle from osaka and iwatayama monkey park from kyoto.
So to me it seems both 7 and 14 day jr passes would be more expensive than what we have planned, plus we would have to book hotels for the nights we would be on buses, and we would have to lose daylight sightseeing time because we would be traveling during the day. Let me know what you think? Would it pay off because of all of the local travel, or would buying the local 2-3 day region passes be better? Thanks
Dan
by dann04 (guest)  

... 2009/4/7 20:14
If you don't include the additional expenses for hotels, the 14-day pass comes close to pay off, but probably just close.

Also, note that there is no night bus from Tokyo to Mount Fuji. It is just a 2 hour bus ride.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Those numbers are for 2 2009/4/7 22:58
I know the fuji bus is only 2 hours, but we want to take the late one so we can climb to see the sunrise. But the numbers i gave are the totals for two travelers, which comes out to ~53800Y and i think that is somewhere around the cost for one 14day jr pass, and we would need 2, so wouldn't that doeble out current long travel budget? Or is that the price for 2 jr 14 day passes?
by dann04 (guest) rate this post as useful

If Jr is available 2009/4/8 01:14
Provided you can take JR to go to all the places on your list, the 14 day pass is worth it. the price for a JR pass 14 day ordinary is 45,100 yen. The total for what you've listed in bus/train fares is about 53,000 yen. Plus, it whatever the cost to go to Arashiyama and Nara. It will also cover some of your train cost in Tokyo. Also, while in Hiroshima, it's WELL worth it to visit Miyajima. I think it's one of the must-see places in Japan. The JR pass will also cover the cost of one of the ferries from Hiroshima to there. Just be careful which ferry you choose. That said, I think the JR pass is worth it.
by ? (guest) rate this post as useful

!! 2009/4/8 01:16
Ah! I posted my reply just after yours, now that I see your totals are for two people, it makes your way much less expensive.
by ? (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread