Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th stn 2009/4/7 21:44
Hi All,

1) How early shall I reserve the seat?
2) Where should I go to reserve the seat?

Thanks!
by gwong  

... 2009/4/8 06:47
1) How early shall I reserve the seat?

Most of the time, the buses are not booked out and you can buy the ticket and seat reservation just before departure.

2) Where should I go to reserve the seat?

You can make reservations by phone, through travel agents, at convenient stores (at a machine in Japanese) and in person at the bus terminal in Shinjuku.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/8 17:32
Thank you so much Uji. I am planning to visit Mt. Fuji in the early of July.

1) What is the chance of cannot get a bus ticket?
2) Shall/Can I buy the return ticket as well or I must buy it on the 5th Station?
by gwong rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/8 21:54
I made a mistake. I thought your were asking for the bus to Kawaguchi Station as opposed to Kawaguchiko 5th Station. But the answer is similar, although the chance of the bus being booked out could be higher during the peak time of the climbing season.

1) What is the chance of cannot get a bus ticket?

On weekdays it is unlikely that the bus will be booked out, but on weekends, it might get full.

2) Shall/Can I buy the return ticket as well or I must buy it on the 5th Station?

You can, but if you climb the mountain, you don't know when exactly you will be back to the 5th Station. That is why I recommend not to make a resrvation until you return to the 5th Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread