Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Budget Hotels 2009/4/9 00:16
Hi. I'm looking for a hotel in Kyoto near the JR Station under 10,000 yen/night for a double room (2 people). I currently have a Toyoko-Inn booked, but it's not near the JR. We will be traveling outside of Kyoto a lot, so I'm thinking it's best to stay by JR. Any suggestions? I've heard some people stay at Kyoto White Hotel which is 3 min away but the reviews are not very good, so I'm scared to book it. Thanks for your help.
by Elena (guest)  

not that inconvenient 2009/4/9 12:20
Elena,

Shijo or Gojo area of Kyoto is almost as convenient as JR Kyoto station area for intercity trips, as you can catch the direct train to Osaka(Hankyu Railway) and Nara(Kyoto Subway & Kintetsu direct service).

The advantage is the rail fare to Osaka is somewhat cheaper, while the disadvantage is JR Pass is not vaild for Hankyu, Kyoto subway or Kintetsu Railway)

But your present choice is not so bad.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/9 12:42
Thanks for your reply. I have Gojo booked right now. If I don't find anything better, I'll keep it. The thing is I bought the JR pass so I want to use it as much as possible.
by Elena (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/9 14:06
Unfortunately the JR pass is not very useful for Kyoto sightseeing, but the Shijo/Gojo Toyoko Inn is very centrally located in Kyoto and just a short, cheap subway ride from Kyoto Station.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

I liked this place.... 2009/4/10 01:50
http://www.econo-inn-kyoto.com/en/index.html

It's a small mom and pop type place, but they are friendly, speak English, and it's very inexpensive. It's not luxurious by any means, but nice and clean, the rooms are fairly small, but no smaller than a typical Japanese business hotel, and it's comfortable. For a budget traveler, I think it's great. It's about 15-20 minute walk from the station, or you can take a bus easily. I would stay there again.
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

Try the Budget Inn Kyoto 2009/4/13 19:11
I have just come back from Japn and we stayed at the Budget Inn. Nice enough hostel the staff were super friendly and room was fine. It wasnt much but we just wanted some nice and clean to sleep in. I had no quarms staying there with my 3 young young kids (9, 4 &1). We could here our neighbours in the room next to us but they werent up all nite or too excessivley loud (they were just enjoying themselves). It was easy to find, close to JR Kyoto and the staff recieved our luggage from the delivery service before I arrived and booked my taxi shuttle back to Kansai airport when I asked. Cheap and simple but perfectly fine!
by Deaks rate this post as useful

reply to this thread