Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura Viewing in Beppu 2009/4/9 01:30
Hi! I'm planning to go Beppu end of April (25-30 Apr). Was wondering if any of you Sakura-viewing junkies out there know if I will get to see decent looking Sakura blooms anywhere in Beppu? Many thanks :D
by MoodSwinga  

... 2009/4/9 06:53
No, I am afraid it is too late.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/9 11:39
Hi Uji! Thanks for your answer. Would next week or the week after next be still good?
by MoodSwinga rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/9 14:02
In Kyushu, already the blossoming time has ended or is about to end, unfortunately.

According to "Rurubu" travel website, in Oita prefecture (where Beppu city is), most of the "peak" blossoming time is ending in early April, with only Tsurumidake area (hilly park) where you take a ropeway up the mountain it says "peak in early to middle April." So this coming weekend you might have a chance, but it's now in full bloom...

http://www.rurubu.com/season/spring/sakura/
On this map, the only "full bloom" on Kyushu island is Oita. For the rest of Kyushu, it's already "flowers beginning to fall away" or "green leaves."

Generally speaking, as cherry blossom blooming moves from southwest to north along the islands of Japan, you have some chance to the north of Tokyo, but not in south anymore.
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/9 14:08
Thanks AK! Really appreciate the map you gave :)
by MoodSwinga rate this post as useful

reply to this thread