Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kobe Sanda Factory Outlet 2009/4/9 13:08
I found out on this forum that there is a Factory Outlet in Kobe. I will be in Osaka, with JR pass.

Can i use my JR Pass fully for a side trip to Sanda Station, and then take the free shuttle bus into the premise?

Is the variety in this outlet similar to the one at Gotemba?

Thinking of going to the Kobe one instead of the Gotemba as i want to focus mainly on the scenic when at Mt Fuji area...

thanks for the advice.
by starwee  

... 2009/4/9 14:57
by AK rate this post as useful

factory outlet 2009/4/9 15:41
There is one in Osaka too (Rinku). I have gone to their outlet near Seattle and the prices are similar to the sale prices of stores in my home town.. of course I am not a great fan of designers goods in the first place...
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

kobe Sanda Premium outlets 2009/4/9 17:14
thanks AK and Monkey See.

Monkey See, i know there's one in Osaka - but Kobe one seems to be more easily accessible (and cheaper!) since i am on JR pass.

Is it a better choice to go to the one in Osaka? More choices and easier access?

i haven't been to the ones in US before.. and i heard you can get quite a good bargain there... so was wondering if the ones in Japan are the same, if not cheaper.

Think it will be an eye opener... Love to squeeze it into my Kyoto- Osaka - Tokyo vacation in October.

by starwee rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/9 17:59
It's actually easier to get to RINKU outlet, and shopping bus from Sanda station to the mall is not free. Both are accesible by JR, but you need to take a bus from the station to Sanda mall but not to RINKU.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

... Rinku access 2009/4/10 21:10
That's good to hear. Thanks!

Which train should i be taking for JR pass to be valid?

The "Kanku Fast" or Nankai line Airport Express, as indicated on the website?

Thanks

... 2009/4/10 23:21
the airport rapid(orange line) from central Osaka to Rinku-town
http://www.westjr.co.jp/english/travel/kix/index.html
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/11 11:24
thanks. Sorry, just to clarify, is JR pass available on the Nakai Limited Express?

i was checking the train schedules and realise a lot of trains to Rinku are Nakai trains...

outlets 2009/4/11 15:02
Nankai is a different company from JR. check http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2019.html (this page is from the section transportation/ trains under A-Z at the very top of the forum pages). If you check the maps for Gotemba, Kobe, Rinku etc. you will find that all these outlets have lots of stores in common but others aren't . Prices in Japan aren't usually cheaper than US prices. Also, if you are into clothes, Japanese ones are often smaller.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread