Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hamansu Express 2009/4/9 14:39
Noticed that there is Night Train Hamanasu Express depart from Aomori @ 10:42, reaah Sapporo @ 06:48am. If i wish to have sleeping cabin, do I still need to pay an extra fare (With JR Pass)? How & where can check the timetable of Hamanasu Express? Reservation needed?
by May (guest)  

schedule 2009/4/9 16:45
Go here http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
insert Aomori/Sapporo/date/time
Charge for sleeper is Y7560 in addition to JR pass.
by RodW rate this post as useful

And also 2009/4/9 16:47
Yes a reservation is required. You can do it when you exchange the voucher or at any ticketing office of JR.
by RodW rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/10 11:04
If you travel by cabin, then you will have to pay the sleeper supplement and the limited express supplement, which totals about 6500 yen. Reservations mandatory.

But if you use the carpet car or reclining seats, then you do not have to pay a supplement. Reservations mandatory.

And finally, there are some regular unreserved seats, which you can ride for free without reservation.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/4/13 11:33
Dear RodW,

Thanks for the info.
by May (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2009/4/13 11:36
Dear Uji,

Is the carpet car also know as Nobinobi car? Can i reserve the it the day before the departure date?
by May (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread