Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

travel in Japan with 2 children 8 and 3 2009/4/13 08:43
Hi
My wife and 2 children are planning a 10 day trip to Japan in June.
We will arrive in Osaka and make our way to Kyoto then on to Tokyo.
Any ideas for an itinerary or places to stay
by aussie72  

... 2009/4/13 13:01
check out suggested itineraries here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Itinerary for family 2009/4/13 16:49
We did this in 2007 - in Kyoto make sure you head out to Arishama (private train has a touch of nostalgia and is cheap) nice walks, horse and buggy tours. In Tokyo go to Ueno Park - lots of things for kids, amusement park rides, zoo, food and drink - take the Metro.
by Andrew Sunshine Coast (guest) rate this post as useful

a fun half day out 2009/4/13 18:58
My 9 4 and 1 yo are veterans of Japan - we go at least once a year - although it can be hard work with your kids and trains etc your kids should love it. In Osaka we went to the muesum of old Japanese farmhouses. My kids loved it. The farm houses have relocated from all around Japan and you get to walk inside them and most of them have a Japanese person in them that is willing to tell you about the house and who use to own it. The houses are hundreds of years old and heaps of fun to look at. It was really cheap I think adults were 500 yen and my school age child was 200yen (or there abouts).
by Deaks rate this post as useful

Kids? 2009/4/14 03:29
My suggestion. Leave the kids at grandma's -- It's just not worth it to bring children so young who won't even remember the trip. (maybe the 8 year old would ... it's possible, but i highly doubt he/she's apprechiate it) ... each plane ticket is around 1,500$ ... not worth it. Relax with your husband and spend your money on you -- trust me I love kids, but you'll apprechiate the trip a lot more without them.
by Clare (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread