Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climb Fuji from Fujinomiya starting 11am 2009/4/14 11:08
I have no interest in hiking through the night or staying in a mountain hut. I'd like to hike from Fujinomiya 5th station and do it in one day. The bus, according to the 2008 schedule arrives at 10:45am. Is that enough time for two fit adults to return to the 5th station by 6pm or so. OR, should we take a taxi from Shin-fuji station to arrive earlier than the bus? I have only one day to hike so money is not an issue.
by matt merrill (guest)  

... 2009/4/14 12:01
If you are in great physical condition, you might be able to do it. More average climbers are more likely to require 8-10 hours for the round trip.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Fuji in one day - continued 2009/4/14 12:29
Uji, Thanks for your response. Do you or anyone else have any idea how much a taxi would cost to Fujinomiya 5th station from the Shin-fuji train station? And does anyone ever stay at the 5th station and use it as a way to leave at 8am for example?

Thanks
by matt (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/15 07:40
Do you or anyone else have any idea how much a taxi would cost to Fujinomiya 5th station from the Shin-fuji train station?

It is about a 50 kilometer ride. Roughly estimated, it will probably cost around 10,000 yen one way. You could save a little bit by taking a taxi from Fujinomiya Station, instead.

And does anyone ever stay at the 5th station and use it as a way to leave at 8am for example?

There is a mountain hut at the Fujinomiya 5th Station:
http://live-fuji.jp/fuji/scott/huts.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Taxi is expensive 2009/5/27 19:12
A taxi from Fujinomiya to the 5th station is approx. 10 000 Yen.
by Harri (guest) rate this post as useful

Taxis at 5th Fujinominya station 2009/5/27 22:05
A final follow up....Are there taxis "waiting" to pick up passengers that finish the hike or would it be wiser to set up an appointment with our driver for a pick up 10 hours later (at 6pm)?
by matt (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread