Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Self driving in Hokkaido 2009/4/15 17:07
Hi... i would like to seek some advice on my coming self-driving trip in Hokkaido in May. i would like to know if the itinery below is feasible? :
Day 1 - Drive from Sapporo to Noboribetsu and stay 1 night at Noboribetsu hotel
Day 2 - Drive from Noboribetsu to Hakodate (I would also like to stop over Muroran chikyû misak and Lake Toya for sightseeing, is it too rush?)
Day 3 - Drive from Hakodate back to Sapporo

I am not sure if a 3-day trip is enough to cover all these area, Do i need to extend 1 more day? Pls advise. Thank you!
by enelrahctan (guest)  

... 2009/4/15 21:26
If you skip Muroran and Lake Toya and leave early on day 1 and return late on day 3, it can be done at a fast pace.

But if you add Muroran and Lake Toya, it becomes too packed to be enjoyable, probably even for those who like a very fast travel pace.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Self driving from Hakodate to Sapporo 2009/4/20 16:55
Hi

I would like to find out which is the scenic route to self drive from Hakodate to Sapporo?
by enelrahctan (guest) rate this post as useful

Scenic drives 2009/4/20 19:06
It depends upon what you consider scenic. If you want to drive through the mountains, take Route 5.

If you want to a lazy slow drive along the sea coast, take Routes 227 then 229. Think driving the coastal highway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Slow, but beautiful.

If you want to get to Sapporo quickly, take Route 5 from Hakodate to Futami, then hop on the expressway.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread