Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I buy JR Pass 21+7 days? 2009/4/17 12:45
I will visit Japan for 45 days. I plan to use JR Pass 21 days. But I think it not enough. Can I buy 2 JR Pass 21+7 days?

Regards,
by Nottokun  

... 2009/4/17 19:26
I don't see why that would be a problem. As you know the maximum is a 21 day pass, so if you buy another 7 day pass to be activated whenever you want as long as it is used within the 6 months time limit, don't see why they would care.

Worst case scenario you can always buy the 21 day pass with one agency and the 7 day from another. They don't keep record of how many you buy as far as I know.
by Ohyesuare rate this post as useful

JR rail pass 2009/4/17 23:32
I did this on my last month long trip. I bought both vouchers from the same travel agency here in San Francisco at the same time, validated the 21 day pass in Japan first, then the 7 day pass when the 21 day pass ran out. No problems.
by Steve (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/4/18 00:37
Thank you very much. I will buy more 7 days JR Pass.
by Nottokun rate this post as useful

. 2009/4/18 17:38
Depending on your itinerary you might not even need the extra 7 day or even 21 day pass. It just depends on how well you plan your trip and how many days you spend in one particular area. For example (example only) if the first week of your trip is in the Tokyo area, then you really don't need the JR pass activated at this point.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread