Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto 2009/4/18 10:33
My friend and I are arriving to Osaka international airport on April 23 around 8pm and would like to go to Kyoto for 2-3 days and than to Tokyo. What is the best way to go to Kyoto from the airport? Maybe we should stay in Osaka first night and go to Kyoto next day. Any hotel recommendations? In Kyoto we'd like to stay in not very expensive ryokan preferably located close to the public transportation.
Thanks a lot for all suggestions.

by Galina (guest)  

... 2009/4/19 08:28
What is the best way to go to Kyoto from the airport?

It depends on where in Kyoto you are heading. Here are some basics:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html?aFROM=2033_2158

Maybe we should stay in Osaka first night and go to Kyoto next day.

If you are going to Osaka, you could just as well stay on the train/bus an additional 30 minutes and make it to Kyoto. If you want to avoid the trip to Kyoto on the first evening, I recommend to stay at a hotel around Kansai Airport, such as the Nikko Hotel or the ANA Hotel.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Directions. 2009/4/19 22:38
Thank you Uji!
I am going to Hotel Monterey Kyoto in Kyoto.
by Galina (guest) rate this post as useful

whichever you like 2009/4/19 23:00
As RodW says in the other post,

Easier way costs 3700yen(2210yen by JR West pass) & needs 1 transfer.

Cheaper way costs 1760yen & needs 3 transfers.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2009/4/20 06:32
Galina...the Monterey is definitely not a lower price ryokan....
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2009/4/20 08:07
I know. All other places were already booked. I'll try to find something for one extra day in Kyoto. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Kyoto 2009/4/20 08:10
Is it true that the best and fastest way to get to Kyoto from the airport is to buy a one-day JR West Kansai Area Pass and take the Haruka Limited Express (non-reserved tickets only)?

Spring in Kyoto 2009/4/20 08:11
I was going to say that with five days notice you would have been unlikely to find anything cheap, as this is a peak travel season for Kyoto. I'm glad you did manage to find somewhere!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/4/20 12:09
Is it true that the best and fastest way to get to Kyoto from the airport is to buy a one-day JR West Kansai Area Pass and take the Haruka Limited Express (non-reserved tickets only)?
Yes
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2009/4/22 05:31
Thanks a lot! What is the name of my final stop on the train to Kyoto? Should I take a subway to go to the hotel from the train station?
by galina (guest) rate this post as useful

subway 2009/4/22 19:22
I would take the subway from JR Kyoto station and exit at Shijo station (exit 22), the hotel is a 5 min walk from exit 22.The whole trip takes about 5 minutes, the subway station is inside the JR Kyoto station and about a 5 minute walk from the platforms (10 min walk from the Shinkansen platforms).All together it's a 15 min from the train to the hotel.
by Bert (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread