Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ueno Toshogu peony garden 2009/4/18 23:58
I am visiting Tokyo in late April. I heard that Ueno Toshogu (shrine) is famous for its peony garden. Can I find out if it is the season that peony is in bloom?

Also, what other gardens in Tokyo can I see nice flowers during that period? I know I have missed the cherry blossom :(

Thanks!
by originalbread  

flowers in season 2009/4/20 14:05
Peony in Ueno Toshogu garden, if not every sort, is in bloom in late April.

In Tokyo, it is also the season that azalea is in bloom. You can see lots of azalea in gardens and streets everywhere in Tokyo but Nezu Shrine and Koishikawa Botanical Garden in particular are well-known as nice spots to enjoy the beauty of this flower. I'd rather recommend Koishikawa garden coz Nezu Shrine where the azalea flower festival is held might be too crowded with people in the small precincts and you can also enjoy lots of other flowers and green trees in the garden with a large area.
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Koishikawa Botanical Garden 2009/4/21 18:48
Thanks! This is actually very near to Ikebukuro? Will be very convenient to go there cos I am staying at Ikebukuro.

by originalbread rate this post as useful

iris in bloom 2009/5/21 12:31
Hello, I would like to know which garden in Tokyo has nice iris flowers, and when they usually bloom? Also is that too late for azalea ?
thank you
by Livia (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread