Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan trip in May? 2009/4/21 02:06
I have a plan to go to Japan in May 09. This is my 2nd time for Japan. At first time, I travelled around Kansai area, kawaguchiko and Tokyo.
What are the interesting events or places to visit in May-June?

by Dinon  

... 2009/4/21 07:25
Generally speaking, May is a very pleasant months for travel in Japan. I find the countryside particularly pleasant as vegetation gets lush and rice is planted, and the temperatures are still bearable.

However, I would think that what is most interesting depends on your personal interests. Recommendations can differ strongly depending on your interests.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Iternary help please. 2009/4/23 03:23
Can anyone set a 10-day iternary for me please?
I would arrive at Narita international airport. I'd like to travel to Hakkaido, Matsushima, Alpine route, Kiso valley, Matsumoto, Takayama, Shirakawago, Kyoto, Beppu, Mount Aso, and Nagasaki. Too much?
Thanks you very much.
by Dinon rate this post as useful

Too ambitious 2009/4/23 08:34
Yes, far too much- you will spend 70% of your time on trains. Either leave out Hokkaido or Kyushu- 10 days is not long enough to travel from one end of the country to the other and go sightseeing in between.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

one example 2009/4/23 10:50
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/24 15:05
How about Nagoya - Kiso valley - Matsumoto - Takayam- Shirakawago - Alpine route - Omiya- Tokyo?

Can anyone arrange the itinerary for me? How many days for each place? Where should I reserve hotels or ryokans?

Thanks again.

... 2009/4/24 16:27
You will pass Matsumoto after the Alpine Route, therefore, you don't have to go there twice.

Below is a suggested schedule for somebody who prefers to travel at a fast pace:

day 1:
Nagoya, overnight in Nagoya

day 2:
go to the Kiso Valley in the morning, see the Kiso Valley, overnight there

day 3:
travel to Shirakawago, see Shirakawago and ovenight there in a farm house

day 4:
see a little bit more of Shirakawago, take the bus to Takayama, see Takayama, ovenight there

day 5:
See more of Takayama, go to Toyama in the evening, overnight there

day 6:
Alpine Route from Toyama to Matsumoto, overnight in Matsumoto

day 7:
See Matsumoto and take the train to Omiya

Quality, not Quantity. 2009/4/24 18:19
There's way to many things to do in just 10 days. I've gone to Japan for 17 days and it still wasn't enough.

I think the question is:

How old are you and what type of activities do you enjoy?

Are you a cultural person where you can visit the local onsen's, temples, foods, history...etc.

Are you a night life person where you'd like to visit the local bars and clubs?

Are you up for shopping, shopping, and more shopping?

Narrow your interests down and you'll have days of tourism in just a city or two.

A 1 week JR Rail-Pass is highly recommended.
http://www.japanrailpass.net/
Ask your local travel agency or nearest Rail-Pass seller. The Shinkansen may be fast....but it won't prevent you from wasting an hr here, 2 hrs there, 4 hrs here, and 2 hrs there.
Remember quality, not quantity. Save some for later and give yourself an excuse to come back for more. =)

I'd love to go back....even to live. Enjoy your trip!
by drab07 rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/4/24 20:19
Thanks very much. That's helpful information.

Another question? 2009/4/24 20:27
Dear Uji
How can I travel from Kiso valley to Shirakawa-go?

Trains and Ryokans 2009/4/25 01:37
You might already know this but you can search train routes at http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/e-norikeyin.ht.... For reservations at ryokans see http://JapaneseGuestHouses.com
by ryokans rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/25 07:29
How can I travel from Kiso valley to Shirakawa-go?

By trains via Nagoya or via Tajimi and Mino-Ota. Alternatively, you could take a bus from Nakatsugawa to Gero and a train or bus from there to Takayama.

... 2009/4/26 04:07
Thank you for all comments.
Thanks again for your help.

reply to this thread