Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary help please! 2009/4/22 09:07
Hi,
I'm planning to go to Takayama Festival in October. And since this is my first time to Japan. May I ask your advise and suggestion on my following trip itinerary?
I would like to see the autumn foliage scene. Am I picking the right route below? I must be back to Tokyo on Oct 16 evening. Is my plan doable or would you please suggest and feel free to edit for me if you think it's too rush or if I make a big detour on my travel route? I try to use JR as much as I can as I have the pass for 7 days.

Oct 7 Arrive Nagoya at 8pm. Overnight at Nagoya
Oct 8 JR to Takayama Overnight:Takayama
Oct 9 Takayama Festival Overnight:Takayama
Oct 10 Takayama Festival Overnight:Takayama
Oct 11 Bus to Shin-Hotaka Ropeway and Overnight: Local onsen hotel
Oct 12 bus back to Takayama then bus to Shirakawa-go Overnight: Shirakawa-go
Oct 13 to Gokayama Overnight: Gokayama (don't know how to get there yet)
Oct 14 Gokayama to Kanazawa (don't know how to get here yet) Overnight: Kanazawa
Oct 15 Kanazawa Overnight: Kanzawa
Oct 16 Kanazawa to Toyama to Kurobe Kyoukoku (JR then Kurobe Valley Rail? Not sure how to get to these places yet????) then back to Toyama then JR to Tokyo (is today schedule too rush?)
Oct 17 Tokyo

Thank you so much for all your helps!
MM9ary
by MM9  

Hyperdia 2009/4/22 18:12
Don't know if this will help, but here is a website that will tell you the fastest, cheapest, or easiest way to get between two points in Japan.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
by Otokonoko (guest) rate this post as useful

autumn foliage 2009/4/22 19:03
Takayama festival will sure be worth wile. But for autumn foliage it will be too early
by ingrid (guest) rate this post as useful

Nohi Bus 2009/4/25 03:03
Your plan sounds doable and to figure out buses see:
http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/
Also the Takayama Festival is a busy time in Takayama so make sure you make ryokan or hotel reservations early. If everything is fully booked you might consider staying in Gero Onsen or a nearby town.
by ryokans rate this post as useful

reply to this thread