Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will my GHD work in Japan 2009/4/23 13:57
I have just bought a new GHD MK IV as it is suppose to be multi-voltage so I can use it overseas. However, I discovered today that it is 110-230V ac, 60/50Hz, 150w. Can anyone tell me if it's going to work in Japan?
by EstherDavid (guest)  

It will work 2009/4/23 19:37
Yes it will work, the details you provided show that it is indeed multi voltage:)

You might need to pick up a simple adaptor converting the plug to Japanese that's all.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/23 19:51
Japan is 100V, not exactly 110V, so if it's a heat-generating device it might work a bit slower than at 110V. And yes you will need an adaptor.
by AK rate this post as useful

Didn't work 2009/5/24 17:40
Sorry, mine didn't work was quite unimpressed!!! Bought both a cheap one over there and the most expensive one in Bic Camera and they were both appalling, the more expensive one being better but still atrocious compared to the GHD.
by fiathriel rate this post as useful

Yes... 2009/5/24 18:52
I used mine last month and they worked fine, same heat and everything.
by 23Michelle (guest) rate this post as useful

help 2009/5/31 05:25
mine says

250v 2.5a it says it can be used worldwide.. but i would like to know before i go out there

ps i,m from te uk i dunno if this helps
by becky (guest) rate this post as useful

From someone living in Japan 2009/11/13 00:30
As has been mentioned if your straighteners are 110-240V it is multi-voltage.
Regarding the adapter, if your GHD's are indeed new IV ones then according to the GHD website...

How do I use my styler outside the UK?

In countries where the two-pin Euro plug is standard, simply remove the securing screw between the three pins and slide the adaptor from the two-pin plug.

Model 3 and 3.1b stylers only work in countries where 220-240V power supply is available. We recommend you check the voltage available in your destination before you travel

Japan uses 50-60Hz depending on if you are in eastern/western Japan.

by guest L (guest) rate this post as useful

Forgot to mention 2009/11/13 00:33
For those of you still unsure how to figure out if your straighteners are 110-240V look on the power cord/cable or somewhere on your GHD's as it should say. Otherwise, check the box it came in if you have it. It should be written somewhere on the straighteners.
by guest L (guest) rate this post as useful

oo 2010/6/18 00:15
Bumping this old thread. I was thinking of buying some new straighteners for going back to japan and had settled on GHDs. My last straightener (not GHD) worked pretty well in the UK but it just never got hot eenough in japan. I don't want to spend the large amount of money on GHDs here if they wont work properly in japa.

SO

Can anyone recommend GHD QUALITY straighteners which theyve ACTUALLY bought and used in Japan?? I've bought two straighteners in Tokyo in the past and although varying in price (up to 2man) they wer TERRIBLE!!! Please please give me a good recommendation! What do tyhey use in the good salons?
by Me (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread