Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Really cheap place to stay in Nagoya? 2009/4/23 23:51
Hi, me and a few friends (Group of 4) are going to Japan in July. I'd like to add Nagoya to the itinerary for longer than a day but I can't do that unless I find somewhere to stay for around GBP15 a night. Does anyone have any ideas? If not, can anyone suggest how to compress Nagoya into 1 day and do it justice? Many thanks.
by Sawarai  

Youth Hostel 2009/4/24 13:39
Hi Sawarai,

I think a Youth Hostel would be your best bet.
Try having a look at www.hostelworld.com
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

Compressing 2009/4/24 13:49
As for the compressing Nagoya into one day.
I spose you could depending what you want to see. I would visit Sakea and checking out the tv tower and Oasis 21. A quick look in Central park to see the bands that often play there. Might even see a few homeless if you go there at night :)
Nagoya castle is a short bus trip (or big walk) from sakae. You might like it, I don't because almost everything inside it is replica and mini at that. You can get a nice view of Nagoya from the viewing post at the top though.
Back in nagoya city you could check out the tower at Midland square.

All that is quite close to city center... if you don't mind travelling out a bit well that opens up a lot more.
I'm sure the Nagoya guide on this site is decent as well.

Thanks =) 2009/4/24 17:48
Thanks, though I've looked on Hostels etc... all I find are ones around GBP30 - JPY2990 is a little too expensive still. Is it really worth visiting Nagoya or should we just spend a day and leave at night? I wanted to go for the food, but there must be alternatives right?
by Sawarai rate this post as useful

Nagoya 2009/4/24 18:17
I think JPY2990 is quite good but if you are budget restricted I am really not sure.
If it were up to me I would highly recommend Nagoya but that's more because I tend to live a very quiet life. The attractions I mentioned were the first I saw on my first day in Nagoya.
If you can only stay for a day maybe it would be good to pass it this time and come back some other time if you have a few more in the future :)
There are places like Nagoya Port which deserve at least a whole day!
Others on this forum might want to contribute something so let's see what they say :)

. 2009/4/25 00:10
Not sure where you got your conversion rates from, but 2990 Yen is currently about GBP22.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

>.< 2009/4/25 00:25
Heh.. *cough*... That's a very good point.... Thanks for clearing that up. But I guess the main issue is whether it is actually worth visiting or not.
by Sawarai rate this post as useful

. 2009/4/26 07:42
Personally, even though I usually stay a couple of nights in Nagoya on my trips to Japan, I don't find it one of the most interesting of cities and really just use it as a base to visit other areas nearby.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread