Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fastest route Narita Airport to Tokyo 2009/4/26 13:36
Hello,
i'm arriving on a friday afternoon at 5:30pm and wonder is limousine bus or train the quickest way to get to the ANA Intercontinental Tokyo?

by Foxy74 (guest)  

truely fastest 2009/4/26 14:52
Helicopter from NRT to Roppongi area takes only 20 minutes. this is the fastest.
http://www.mori.co.jp/mcas/
by ts (guest) rate this post as useful

great advice...thanks 2009/4/26 14:57
and do tell me ts.....how much would that be??????
i don't appreciate the sarcasm.
by Foxy74 (guest) rate this post as useful

LOL 2009/4/26 15:37
Thanks for the laugh ts, I found your sarcasm very funny.

As far as I know the NEX is the fastest way to get from Narita to Tokyo.
by Ohyesuare rate this post as useful

. 2009/4/26 16:50
Chopper is not as fast depending on where you need to go, factor in the 15 minutes from the airport to the heliport, then all the preflight checks , arriving at the heliport in Tokyo then transport to your hotel, probably a few minutes faster but not that great.

Any case for your hotel, there is no direct train, so you'll have to go to Tokyo via Narita Express or Keisei Skyliner then make appropriate connections. Or go with a direct door to door service airport limousine bus.
by Express Train (guest) rate this post as useful

Your best option is.... 2009/4/26 17:15
Narita Express!!! It will take you to Tokyo in just 1 hour, Keisei Skyliner isnt as good as you need to change at Ueno Station. Narita Express stops at both Okachimachi, Ueno, Tokyo and Shinjuku. (and as far as i remember Shinagawa too!)

The price of a oneway ticket for Narita Express is about 2900Yen.

Enjoy your trip!
by Th0mas24 (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/4/26 18:54
If you mean your flight arrives at 5.30 pm, by the time you have cleared immigration, collected your luggage, cleared customs, found the station and bought a ticket, you might be able to get the 18.12 Keisei Sky Liner to Ueno. Then change to the Hibiya subway line and take the train to Kamiyacho, the hotel is a couple of blocks away. I hour 40 minutes, 2110 Yen. Should you miss that, the same connections are at 18.47.

You could take the Narita Express, but this would require at least one extra train connection and is around 3000 Yen.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

. 2009/4/26 20:34
Narita Express!!! It will take you to Tokyo in just 1 hour, Keisei Skyliner isnt as good as you need to change at Ueno Station. Narita Express stops at both Okachimachi, Ueno, Tokyo and Shinjuku. (and as far as i remember Shinagawa too!)

The price of a oneway ticket for Narita Express is about 2900Yen.

Wrong.
The Narita Express doesn't stop at Ueno, nor does it stop at Okachimachi. It never did and in it's current configuration, never will.

If you want to go by train, then the Skyliner to Ueno + Hibiya Subway Line to Kamiyacho Station transfer is one option.

http://www.anaintercontinental-tokyo.jp/e/access/

Or again, a direct airport limousine bus would provide door to door service without the huss and fuss of having to transfer your luggage from either Narita Express or Skyliner to subway train connections.
by Express Train (guest) rate this post as useful

How fast must it be? 2009/4/26 20:38

1. Take Keisei Skyliner from Narita Airport to Ueno(terminal).
2. Take Subway Ginza line from Ueno to Tameikesanno(10 stops) and get out of 13rd Exit.
3. 1 min walk to ANA Intercontinental.

Alternatively, Take JR Narita Express to Tokyo and catch a taxi to ANA Intercontinental.

I recommend Keisei & ginza line, if you intend to reach your hotel by public transportation.

by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/4/27 14:35
thanks for all your help guys, i eally appreciate your advice.
by Foxy74 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread