Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 days in Japan 2009/4/27 16:48
Hi, I'm planning to go to Japan on May 6. Arriving in Narita airport about 8am. Then, i'm planning to take a day tour before taking JR to Hakodate by night train and overnight there. Then, I'll proceed to Furano for 1 night before travelling back to Tokyo by night train again on the May 9. Mt. Fuji is my next stop before proceeding to Chiba for Disneyland. I'll spend 2 days in Tokyo before leaving on the May 15. Could someone advise me on the itinerary? This is the first time I'll be travelling to Japan.
by YCSEE  

... 2009/4/29 12:40
Please be aware of the large travel distances involved. For example, it takes about 5-6 hours to get from Hakodate to Furano!

And if you wantto take the night train to Tokyo, you will have to leave Furano already around 1pm.

Also, note that the night train from Tokyo to Hakodate arrives in Hakodate rather early in the morning at 6:34. Furthermore, advance reservations are mandatory. On busy days, the train might be booked out.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/5/19 10:02
Dear Uji san,
Thank you very much for the information and advice. We had a good trip in Japan. Special thanks to all the people in Japan. They are very helpful and welcoming. We will definitely plan a second visit to Japan.
All the best to you and other travelers in Japan.

Thank you very much.

cheers,
ycsee@malaysia
by YCSEE rate this post as useful

reply to this thread