Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

city train and bullet train 2009/5/5 20:33
Im going to japan for the first time this june. we will be landing in osaka then we plan to go to tokyo after a few days and we plan to take the bullet train. I heard theres a 7 day pass for tourist. If i buy this in osaka, can i use this in tokyo as well? because it says there that it can be use nationwide?
About the bullet train, where can i get the schedule of the bullet train from osaka going to tokyo?

hope to hear a reply
thanks
by candicetuquib  

... 2009/5/6 12:16
If i buy this in osaka, can i use this in tokyo as well? because it says there that it can be use nationwide?

You have to buy it before leaving for Japan. All the details are here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

About the bullet train, where can i get the schedule of the bullet train from osaka going to tokyo?

Here:
http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
by Uji rate this post as useful

timetable 2009/5/6 17:05
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

JR pass= shinkansen use 2009/5/6 17:06
"nationwide" means "all over a country", so you can use the JR pass in Tokyo as well as Osaka, and everywhere else in Japan that there are JR lines. As above though, you should buy it before you arrive in Japan, and first confirm that you will travel enough to make it worth the money.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/5/6 17:28
As Sira says, you can use most of JR service with JR Pass, including the loop lines in Osaka and Tokyo(one big exception is Nozomi bullet train, but still you can use Hikari). But to maximize the advantage of the Pass, you must use it when doing long distance trip such as Osaka - Tokyo or Osaka - Hiroshima.

If your long distance trip is only Osaka - Tokyo one-way trip, we will recommend single bullet train ticket and IC Smart Card.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

thank you 2009/5/7 12:09
thank you very much for all the replies. big help. i know what nationwide means but just want to clear it because one of my friend who is a flight attendant said that this jr pass can only be use in one place...
by candicetuquib rate this post as useful

other trains 2009/5/7 14:08
The nationwide JR pass can of course be used on JR lines all over Japan. In cities like Tokyo there are subways and trains operated by other companies which don't accept the JR pass, however the JR lines in the city should take you most of the places you want to go.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread