Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Five lakes to Narita 2009/5/8 03:15
Can someone help me discover the easiest way to get from Fuji Five Lakes area to Narita Airport? How long would it take? (We will have Japan Rail pass.)

Also can someone clarify how the Japan Rail two week passes work. Is it 14 calendar days even if you start using it late on day one or is it literally 336 hours? I am in Japan from a Saturday to a Saturday and would like to activate and use my pass late the day I arrive and use it all the way up to the last day of my trip, to return to the airport mid day. Would that work or would that technically be the 15th day?

Thanks for all the great info provided on this forum!
by Carrie K (guest)  

... 2009/5/8 05:54
Can someone help me discover the easiest way to get from Fuji Five Lakes area to Narita Airport?

I assume you stay around Lake Kawaguchi.

1) Take the Fujikyu train from Kawaguchiko to Otsuki (not covered by the Japan Rail Pass)

2) Take a JR limited express from Otsuki to Shinjuku

3) Take the JR Narita Express from Shinjuku to Narita Airport

You can look up actual schedules and travel duration by entering "Kawaguchiko" and "Narita Airport" into the website below:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

Also can someone clarify how the Japan Rail two week passes work. Is it 14 calendar days even if you start using it late on day one or is it literally 336 hours?

It is 14 calendar days. Midnight to midnight.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2009/5/8 06:55
Thanks so much for that info. You are always so helpful.

Based on what you said about the Japan Rail pass, I will not use it to get to my hotel in Tokyo on day one, in order to be able to use it to return to Narita two weeks later.

Thanks again.
by Carrie K (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread