Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan in July / August 2009/5/14 13:44
Hello.

A friend of mine is visiting from the U.S. this summer in July or August for 2 weeks. It's the first time for her to visit Japan.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to travel around together. She's interested in cultural things, but speaks no Japanese.

I would appreciate any idea to make my friend's stay in Japan meaningful...
by chichi416  

Cool thing to do in Japan in Summer 2009/5/14 14:59
I was in Japan last August. Itfs a really hot and humid time of year, one of the best things we did to escape the heat was to go rafting in Shikoku on the Yoshino River. It was so beautiful in this place near Oboke, the tall mountains and the crystal clear water of the river. We did it with this company called Happy Raft. The guide was really cool and we had such a great time just cruising down the river. I really recommend going rafting to anyone in Japan in summer. Just one idea, hope your friend has a good time when she visits.

by foftoc rate this post as useful

... 2009/5/14 15:25
It is very hot and humid in most of Japan, except in Hokkaido, which is not the best region to experience traditional Japan.

Although it is hot and humid, any place in Japan can be visited and enjoyable in summer. Kyoto is the best place to experience traditional Japanese culture:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks a lot! 2009/5/15 00:36
Thanks for the prompt reply!

Hmmm, Shikoku, Hokkaido and Kyoto. They all sound nice but far away from each other...I'll tell my friend about these options!
by chichi416 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread