Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Jr highway bus to Kawaguchiko 2009/5/17 20:17
On 25-26 may I plan to Kawaguchiko.I leave from Tokyo yaesu South Exit to Kawaguchigo by Jr highway bus 1.I already have Jr rail pass but i'm not sure that can i use it for Jr Highway bus as well)
2.Is Jr highway bus pass Fuji Shibasakura Matsuri? If so Should i drop by here or go Kawaguchiko before and then return to fuji Shiba later? I'd like to go Gotenba Outlet 3. How can i get to Gotenba outlet from Fujikyu Gotenba Syoko bus station?
by att (guest)  

... 2009/5/17 20:53
I already have Jr rail pass but i'm not sure that can i use it for Jr Highway bus as well)

No, the Japan Rail Pass is not valid on the JR highway bus to Kawaguchiko.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kawaguchiko Saiko Free Kippu 2009/6/21 01:49
I have a JR pass - I want to go to Kawaguchiko from Tokyo and upon leaving go to Kyoto. Is it worth purchasing Kawaguchiko Saiko Free Kippu?

How would I get from Kawaguchiko to Kyoto using JR trains?
by Bonnie Mohnsen (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks Uji ! 2009/6/21 08:08
Thanks Uji: not needing to use JR highway buses I didn't realise the Pass did not include them: although we did use them on JR buses(?not "highway" buses?) in Kyoto and Kanazawa...in Kanazawa the driver took all our details: passport, Pass number etc:(fortunately at the Station terminus where we got off, otherwise we would have greatly inconvenienced all the other passengers!) in Kyoto the drivers just waived us through...
by fmj rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/21 12:02
How would I get from Kawaguchiko to Kyoto using JR trains?

You cannot do the entire journey by JR, because there is no JR transportation around Kawaguchiko. The best approach is explained on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html?aFROM=2158_6900

although we did use them on JR buses(?not "highway" buses?) in Kyoto and Kanazawa...

There is a difference between highway (long-distance) buses, that use expressways and local (relatively short-distance) buses, which do not generally use expressways.

The Japan Rail Pass is generally valid on local JR buses, but not on any highway buses (with a small number of exceptions).

Both, Kyoto and Kanazawa have one single local JR bus line each, which can be used by Japan Rail Pass holders.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks Uji ! 2009/6/21 17:12
Both, Kyoto and Kanazawa have one single local JR bus line each, which can be used by Japan Rail Pass holders.

Thanks Uji..great to be answered so well, and now we know we were lucky in Kanazawa!!
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread