Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchi or Hakone 2009/5/26 02:16
Dear All,

I would really appreciate the help in deciding where to stay this coming June. Besides Tokyo and Osaka, I'm deciding between Kawaguchi and Hakone.

It seems like there is more data readily available for Hakone so I was able to see that there are numerous activities and a wide choice of ryokans and hotels. Plus these establishments have there own websites.

I need help figuring out Kawaguchi, is it better? What's there besides the view?
I've tried searching for lodging choices just to compare but it seems like they all use a third-party booking service so that's making it difficult to really see how the lodging is like

Many thanks and safe travels
by The Philippine Traveller  

... 2009/5/26 06:54
Kawaguchiko has the better views of Mount Fuji. Apart from that, Hakone beats Kawaguchiko in most respects: accommodation, transportation, scenery, baths, museums, ...

So, unless views of Mount Fuji are the primary reason of your visit, I recommend Hakone.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread