Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translation Required. 2009/5/26 17:38
My son is doing Japanese homework and he needs to know what the Japanese words are for:- black, yellow, red, shirt, shorts, hat.

Thank you.
by motherofthree (guest)  

translation 2009/5/26 18:15
kuro, kiiro, aka, shatsu, shootsu, boushi...if memory serves me well.

also, couldnt you just google an online dictionary?
by joe humber (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/5/26 18:18
I was thinking that, well, if it was for homework, the boy should have a simple dictionary or a glossary at the back of his textbook for study material...

Note that for colors, if you mean "the color (black)" (noun) the answers given are correct, but you need to be careful about the use if you mean it as an adjective. Thus a grammar book or a dictionary would come in handy :)
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2009/5/26 18:36
Isn't haafupantsu more commonly used for shorts?

(comment on doing your kids homework omitted)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you. 2009/5/26 18:52
Hi everyone.
Thanks for your help. My son is only in grade 6. He has no Japanese textbooks for his class. His teacher does not even give written instructions for tasks. He has already spent ages online looking for online dictionaries and translators but none of them work. Just words like "black" and "girl" etc the online dictionary's could not find a result for.
Our thanks to those who were able to help.
by motherofthree (guest) rate this post as useful

Mine's doing English at the moment 2009/5/26 19:11
I Googled english-japanese dictionary

Google gave me an option of free online english-japanese dictionary so I clicked it.

Then at the 3rd top of the list, I found this dictionary;
http://www.englishjapaneseonlinedictionary.com/ResultEJ...

But when I was a 6 grader in the U.S., I either asked my teacher for advise or went to the local library to look up these things. Librarians are very helpful, too.

Hope it helps.
by Uco, mother of one (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread