Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 44

1 2 3
next

Climbing Mount Fuji 27/28 June 2009/5/29 09:13
Hello..
I`m interested climb up Fuji on 27/28 June weekend (that`s the only time I can do that) as I`ll be leaving Japan on the 30th of June. I`m planning to do the climbing at night on the 27th, may be starting at 8.00 p.m from Kawaguchi-ko, watch the sunrise, then descent slowly the following day. Thus, I don`t need to book a hut as I realised thay are still no opened.
My questions:
1. Is it ok to do the climbing at the end of June? Do I need to get any permit?

2. Does anyone here interested to join?

Arigato Gozaimas!
by esstee (guest)  

Mt. Fuji 2009/5/29 09:48
NO, you don't need a permit, all is at your own risk, of course! Whether or not you will be able to see the sunrise (my dream a couple of years ago - but a NOGO) will depend on the weather. You should plan at least 4 to 5 hours for getting up there at night - bring a flashlight along!! It will be 3 steps moving forward and one back - at least that's what I experienced. You will also need warm clothes - layering is the secret. It might be nice and warm down at Kawaguchi-ko, but it can be below zero at the top of Mt. Fuji.
by kulachan rate this post as useful

climbing in late june 2009/6/16 02:12
hi,

i climbed fuji a couple of years back in mid june, actually, it was 14th of june! (today is 15th).

we left around lunch time, and got to the top right before sunset. the weather was perfect, so we were lucky. walking down was scary because it got dark.

there was enough snow on top but the weather was not cold. i wore a parka and was sweating from the climb.

i think june is ok to climb if there are no typhoons, but i would not recommend night time as the snow is dangerous.
by d (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/16 07:13
Every year, you hear of casualties of climbers slipping down the snow, including foreigners. If there are considerable amounts of snow, bring appropriate equipment and experience or turn around.

Unfortunately, I am not able to figure out how much snow is currently left on the mountain.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Still on for the climb on 27/28? 2009/6/17 01:55
Hi esstee,
Just wondering if you have heard from more people since your post? I'm going to be there around the same time would be cool to join a group. The tour price seem to be a bit steep for 28,800YEN I'm looking to do this on my own. Any information you can share will be much appreciated. Thanks.
by Traveller100 (guest) rate this post as useful

Found some information on Mt Fuji 2009/6/17 02:31
Good luck climbing Mt. Fuji. There are tours, as well, that you can join.

http://www.chopsticksny.com/contents/yokoso/
by sumire (guest) rate this post as useful

I'll be climbing 2009/6/17 03:34
I was planning to climb Fuji at night as well, but on 25/26th. Interested in climbing earlier?
by J (guest) rate this post as useful

Transportation 2009/6/18 03:19
Hi,

I'm planning to climb on a similar time. Ascend starting around 10pm. Since I am going before the official climbing season, the latest bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th Station leaves at 9:40am, and arrives at 12:05pm.

Will there be anything for me to do at Kawaguchiko 5th Station from 12pm - 10pm?

If not, is there another way to get there later at night?

Thank You
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Hey J 2009/6/18 22:06
Hey J,
I was thinking about doing the same on either that night or the night of the 24th. I will be travelling from Tokyo on the 24th or 25th, maybe Kamakura. How about you?
by Tyler (guest) rate this post as useful

Climbing Mount Fuji week of June 28th 2009/6/18 22:38
Anybody planning to climb on or after Jun 28th? I'm arriving Tokyo on Jun 27th, leaving on July 4th.

Climbing Mount Fuji in 2009 2009/6/18 23:08
Sumire, thank you for posting the link. The information is very helpful!

Travellers100 2009/6/19 00:23
Travellers100 - my plan is to climb on 27th pm / night. I need to be down by the 28th. If this suits your travelling plan, you're welcome to join.
by esstee (guest) rate this post as useful

Climbing 27 or 28? 2009/6/19 01:16
Hi esstee/Tyler

I will now be climbing on the weekend. Ideally I would like to climb the night of the 28th, but do buses run on the 29th when I decend?

If not, I will be climbing on the 27th, decending on the 28th.

Climb Jun 28 - Jul 3 2009/6/19 02:37
Hi esstee, I wish but I donft get in until late afternoon of Jun 28th I just realized.
Hi J, when and where are you planning to leave from on the 28th if you do decide to climb on that day?

Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th Station bus 2009/6/19 03:18
I would take the Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th Station bus. There are two times according to
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji.html However, I can't find a way to get back on June 29.

I'll be climbing on the 27th, unless there's a way to get back on the 29th.....

Bus 2009/6/19 03:53
Hi J, yeah it does appeared that way. Thanks for the reminder. Enjoy your climb on the 27th. :)

Climb Fuji June 28th 2009/6/19 14:59
I would like to climb on the 28th J, Let me see if I can find a way back on the 29th.
by chioubaccalovin (guest) rate this post as useful

Plan? 2009/6/20 02:03
Hi esstee,

Will you be taking the Shinjuku bus to Fuji on the 27th?

?? 2009/6/23 01:26
Hello all
I was hoping to climb two days from now on the 24th. Does anyone know the status then or is anyone climbing then? J did you push your dates forward for any climbing related reason?
Thanks Guys
by Matt (guest) rate this post as useful

Weekend Transportation only 2009/6/23 01:34
Hi Matt,

I got stuck with climbing on the 27/28 because the Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th Station only runs on the weekends. I just didn't knwo how to get there on a weekday.

I will start my climb on the 27th if anyone wants to join.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 44

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread