Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount Fuji? 2009/6/1 21:37
Hi,

Would you please recommend me to 1-day trip of Mount Fuji from Tokyo or Kyoto in the most economical way? I have 7-day rail pass to visit Osaka and Hiroshima from Kyoto. Also, should I go directly to Fuji Five Lake or Hakone to see the best view of Mount Fuji in June? Thank you.
by traveller86 (guest)  

... 2009/6/3 08:10
Would you please recommend me to 1-day trip of Mount Fuji from Tokyo or Kyoto in the most economical way?

A one day trip from Kyoto to Mount Fuji is not recommended. You would spend too much time on board of trains and buses. From Tokyo, it is feasible.

More details on costs and Japan Rail Pass validity:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

Also, should I go directly to Fuji Five Lake or Hakone to see the best view of Mount Fuji in June?

You have a higher probability to see the mountain from the Fuji Five Lakes than from Hakone at any time of the year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Seeing Mt Fuji 2009/6/4 05:43
If you just want to see Mt Fuji you can do so from the Shinkansen Bullet Train while traveling from Tokyo to Kyoto. A day trip just to see Mt Fuji is a bit much and there is a chance that it might be too overcast to see it.
by ryokans rate this post as useful

suggestion 2009/6/4 15:11
This was posted by me previously:

If you want to go to Hakone primarily to see Mt. Fuji, I would instead go to Fuji Five Lakes, by taking the Express train from Shinjuku (in Tokyo) and then transferring at Otsuki to the train that takes you to Kawaguchiko (Fuji Five Lakes area). It's right next to the mountain, as opposed to Hakone. You can tour the area, hike near the base near the Ice Cave and Wind Cave (go in those two, and in the Bat Cave, very fun), and view the whole area and Mt. Fuji from a hill that you get to by ropeway. When I went to see Mt. Fuji, I wanted to make sure that the skies were clear, so during my stay in Tokyo, I checked the weather forecast daily, and when it was forecast to be clear, I left on that day for Fuji Five Lakes. I was rewarded by an excellent view of Mt. Fuji the whole day. Being flexible is the key.
by Jesse (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread