Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

No Reservation in Ito, Izu on weekend 2009/6/4 02:27
Hello experts,
I am planning to spend 1 night in Ito Izu on June 13 (Saturday night) and I do not have a reservation and do not speak Japanese. I am planning to stop by at the tourist office in the morning and find accommodation (budget ~ 10000). I am interested in a good onsen and food, other things do not matter. Do you think I will find something available considering it is Saturday night? Also do you know if there are English speaking people in the tourist office in Ito. Another option is Atami.

thanks a lot!
by Not a planner (guest)  

... 2009/6/4 06:40
If you know that you will be visiting Ito on the 13th, I see no reason why you should go there without an advance reservation. Saturdays come with the risk that no rooms in your budget range are available. Furthermore, discounts (special staying plans) are likely unavailable if you do not book in advance.

So, is there any reason why you want to travel without a reservation?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Ito - can not find availability 2009/6/4 06:53
Yes, I would like to make a reservation but I am having trouble finding anything available in the price range of ~10000Y for a single person. I have sent couple of emails directly to ryokans but did not receive any replies. Most websites are in Japaneses and I am having trouble figuring out prices and availability. Any suggestions on accommodations are appreciated.
Thanks.
by Not a planner (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/4 07:04
There are still not too many ryokan that charter to single travelers. And not too may ryokan with meals for below 10,000 yen per person.

The following pdf file lists the contact details for Ito Tourism. They might be able to help you:
http://www.itospa.com/tour_guide_e/ito-tour-guide_pdf/i...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Sadly 2009/6/4 10:26
Sadly, as Uji mentioned, finding a ryokan with good hot springs and food is almost impossible to find for sub 10,000 yen. You're just making things that much harder on yourself by trying to go about not making a reservation!

I did a quick search of Ito-area onsen on Rakuten Travel, there is a really small number of sub-10,000 yen places but they require more than one traveler. I would also do a quick search on Rakuten and try yourself to have somebody who understands Japanese to set something up for you. It's going to save yourself the headache, uncertainty, and likely disappointment if you don't...
by Bean (guest) rate this post as useful

Ito, no reservation 2009/6/4 10:31
Thank you very much for your replies. I think I will need to reconsider my plans and possibly go to Hakone instead. I do see some budget lodging options there.
by not a planner (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/4 11:34
http://www.atamiseaside.com/
We stayed at this seaside hotel at atami in April. It only costed each person 5500yen for room(triple) and breakfast. I would highly recommend this one as the onsen was good with resting area and the breakfast was excellent. Our room has a balcony with a beach view. We saw sunrise at around 5 the next day from our balcony. The view looks just like Waikiki. Don't go for the dinner, I didn't like it much. Go outside for a good restaurant.
by lester (guest) rate this post as useful

hakone 2009/6/4 11:35
I suspect you may have similar problems in Hakone that you are having in Izu. Ryokan with onsen and food typically cost over 10,000 yen across Japan. Sub 10,000 yen places typically are lacking one or the other or both of the things you are looking for. Consider expanding your budget for this night, you'll find your options increase tenfold if you can up your budget to 15,000 yen.

To make reservations try these sites:

http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/index.htm
http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/en/

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread