Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel to Koyasan, which pass? 2009/6/8 03:27
I watned to know if the Kansai Thru Pass (Surutto Kansai) is valid for the bus in Koyasan or just for the ride to Koyasan? i am contemplating between this pass and the Koyasan Free Sabic?
by David Asaf (guest)  

koya free servic 2009/6/8 23:24
Hi,

Since the buses on Koya are Nankai, it should be covered by the Kansai thru pass.

However, I'd recommend the Koya Free Servic (or Sabic) pass instead. It's about 1000 yen cheaper than the 2 day Kansai thru and covers the same places in Koyasan. Besides, unless you have a long trip on a third day on a non-JR train line, then I find the Kansai thru pass not worth it.

You can get the Koya Free Servic at Nanba station and it comes with some coupons for free tea at Kogobuji and some reduced admission at a couple of other sites.

And if you decide to get the Koya Free Servic, make sure you buy the non-limited express pass. This regular pass is pretty much the same as the limited express pass, you take non reserved trains and transfer once at Hashimoto.
by mike (guest) rate this post as useful

question regarding the Koyasan pass 2009/6/9 03:27
Hi again,
I am planing on taking a train after Koyasan strait to Himaji and from there after i see it to Osaka, is it, so i guess the Kansai thru pass is better for me. is this ride duable in one day, Koyasan-Himaji (stay there)- Osaka?
Thanks
by David Asaf (guest) rate this post as useful

stay in Osaka 2009/6/9 07:30
I'm making the assumption you are staying overnight in Koyasan, here. Also, since Osaka is between Koyasan and Himeji, I'd schedule your itinerary based on a Kansai Thru pass this way:

Day 1: Start Kansai thru pass. Get to Koyasan from ____?

Day 2: Koyasan to Osaka; see Osaka.

Day 3: Day trip from Osaka to Himeji and back. Take a Hanshin Sanyo Ltd express to Himeji. Plan for one way in about 2 hours with maybe a transfer between Umeda Stn (Osaka) and Himeji.
by mike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread