Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus from Sapporo to Asahikawa airport? 2009/6/10 02:07
Is there any direct bus from Sapporo to Asahikawa airport? If not, how do I get there by bus? what's the cost and total time required?
Thank you!
by Cathy (guest)  

... 2009/6/10 08:31
Is there any direct bus from Sapporo to Asahikawa airport?

No.

If not, how do I get there by bus?

Via Asahikawa.

what's the cost and total time required?

Sapporo to Asahikawa takes two hours and costs 2000 yen.

Asahikawa to Asahikawa Airport takes about 35 minutes and costs 570 yen.

So, the entire trip probably takes around 3 hours and will cost 2570 yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Bus web site in English or Chinese? 2009/6/10 14:04
Hi Uji,

Thanks for the promp reply!
We are on budget tour and we find it rather difficult to plan the transport when most web site in Japanese.
Do you know of web site for local bus service that are in English or Chinese?
Or do you have any suggestion on getting around Hokkaido and places of interest on budget tour base on our below itinary?
Hakodate-Lake Toya-Otaru-Sappora-Asahikawa.
Thank You!
by Cathy (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/10 16:31
Hakodate - Lake Toya - Otaru - Sapporo - Asahikawa

I am not aware of an alternative to trains for the journey from Hakodate to Lake Toya. The one way fare by limited express train is about 5000 yen. Local trains are almost twice as cheap, but also take more than twice as much time, so I don't recommend to take local trains.

From Lake Toya, you can save quite a lot by taking a bus (2700 yen) to Sapporo instead of a train (over 5000 yen by limited express).

The side trip to Otaru is cheap and easy by train. Less than 2000 yen for the round trip. You might want to consider the pass, which includes the round trip in combination with a Sapporo subway pass:
http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/english/railpass/we...

And the cheapest way of travel from Sapporo to Asahikawa is mentioned above.

In total, that results in transportation costs of around 12,500 yen per person. I don't think there is any discount ticket or pass that can beat it.

... 2009/6/10 16:32
Bus websites for Hokkaido are generally not available in English. Please let me know if you have a specific question.

reply to this thread