Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Additional documents for work visa issue 2009/6/12 09:15
Hi, guys!

I am a new grad from Japanese university (MA) who due to the current economic turmoil was not able to find a job at the big company, so the only option for me to stay in Japan (which is my goal) was to accept the job offer from a small,recently opened (last year, July) company.

The prospective employee did prepare all the necessary documents from his side and I applied, but yesterday I have received a letter from the immigration office with request to send some additional documents such as jyuugyouin meibo (a list of people who are working for the company) and gutaitekina gyoumu naiyou (some explanation about the duties I am to perform in the company).

First of all, I would like to ask if someone has ever received such letter? If so - what does it stand for? Does it mean that the immigration office did not like something in the company`s documents? The issue is that while applying for the working visa I have written that currently there are 4 people employed for the company, but as it came out yesterday during the conversation with my boss to be, he has fired one of the workers last week.. I simply do not have a clue what should I write to the immigration office, as while applying I did mention 4....

I would greatly appreciate any advise on the matter as I am deeply concerned about the situation...

Thanks a lot in advance!
by Desperate (guest)  

... 2009/6/12 10:09
From my experience in renewing my work visa, my company provided that information with company brochures, etc. They also had an official document stating the number of employees, etc. As your employer for a brochure or something. If there are none, he/she should type up all the relevant information in a nice looking official document.
by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2009/6/12 10:32
Dear Smoke,

Thanks a lot for answering! So this meibo is supposed to be issued by my boss to be on s certain official paper with his sign, that`s enough? He does not need to go to any kuyakusyo to ask for it?

Kind regards,
by Desperate (guest) rate this post as useful

Hanko 2009/6/12 11:04
As far as I am aware, as long as it has the company header and hanko, etc. it is fine. The visa is to give you permission to work so doesn't really have anything to do with the ward office or city hall. Just make sure you know exactly what information you need and get it from your boss/company.

What about fired guy? 2009/6/12 11:27
Dear Smoke,

Thank you once again! In the letter from the immigration office they did mention that meibo has to include all workers names, dates of births, citizenship information, in case if it is foreigner they would like to know the registration number as well.

Once thing I am really concerned is that my boss has fired one of the workers last week, so what should I tell to the immigration regards it? It comes out that I wrote more ppl then the company has at the moment.... Do you have any idea if it can cause a problem?

Kind regards,

Should be ok 2009/6/12 12:00
When renewing my visa, I had to supply a form stating all names, addresses gaijin card numbers of all the foreigners in my company (not that there are many).
What information you write on the forms must be correct as of that time. If something happens after that regarding the number of staff or whatever, there isn't anything you can do about it so I wouldn't worry.
Just make sure you hand in what they tell you. If you are not sure, confirm with them.
There are a few other people on this forum who probably know more than me about this so hopefully one of them will give you a response.

Just to add 2009/6/12 14:33
Nothing to worry about, I'd say. Just provide exactly what they are asking for, and be honest :)

To get names and date of birth of other employees, you would need the assistance of your boss anyway, correct? So you can ask him to write up a letter/list, and maybe he can add that "my employee-to-be mentioned in his earlier paper that there was four, but recently his/her employment contract with us was terminated" or something to that extent.

I *believe* that all they want to be sure is that your employer-to-be is a proper company, and that the company is in a way not just a paper company used to enable foreigners to apply for visa with employer's visa sponsorship.

For large, listed companies, Immigration is able to get all information from the web, news or stock exchange, etc., but for small companies there is not much public information available.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2009/6/12 15:25
Dear AK,

Thank you so much for your words! I felt a huge relief after having read your message. I will contact my boss to be immediately and ask for his collaboration!

Kind regards,

reply to this thread