Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

fare from tokyo to sapporo by train 2009/6/14 15:35
I will be flying to Tokyo 18th August reaching there early in the morning and I wish to connect a train to Sapporo as it will save me some money for other expenses. Will I be able to get the train nearby Narita airport..this is my first time to Japan and therefore very green to the surroundings there..would greatly appreciate your help..Arigato Gozaimas!!
by hainam  

... 2009/6/14 20:27
I will be flying to Tokyo 18th August reaching there early in the morning and I wish to connect a train to Sapporo as it will save me some money for other expenses.

Consider flying. If you buy the domestic flight in combination with your international flight, it might be just as cheap as the train ride, if not cheaper. And much faster!

Will I be able to get the train nearby Narita airport..

You have to catch a train into Tokyo first (about one hour) and catch a train from there in direction of Sapporo.

Basics on how to travel from Tokyo to Sapporo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5306.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

airport 2009/6/14 20:30
You should just fly into Sapporo. It would save you time and money.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

I chose to fly 2009/8/2 19:46
I'm going on the 3rd august and considered taking a train between Tokyo and Sapporo, but when I looked at the prices, the flight seemed more worth it (around 60 for flight, 70 for train) and also the JR pass does not fully cover that journey (I think). Also flying is a lot quicker as the train takes nearly a day to get there.
by dave (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread