Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ishiya chocolate factory 2009/6/16 01:59
Hi,

Can I check if Ishiya Chocolate factory is located at Sappora or Otaru as I saw some people putting at other places of their itinery

Thanks
by qing22 (guest)  

... 2009/6/16 08:07
It is located in western Sapporo City, but it is not very far from Otaru, either:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5307.html
http://www.shiroikoibitopark.jp/english/access.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Final Itinerary 28 Jun - 7 Jul 2009/6/16 13:35
Hi,

After all the hassle, I have finally make a rough outline for my trip but I still need some advice to make it a better trip

28 June - ( Singapore - Narita - Sapporo)

29 June -( Nijo Fish Mkt - Underground Shopping Mall - Ramen Yokocho - Tanuki Koji Shopping Mall - Night scene at Susukino)
Qns : Is the schedule too tight?

30 June - (Sapporo - Otaru - Sansuku Mkt - Canal walk - Glassware - Music box museum - Sun Mall Arcade - Sapporo)
Qns : Anything to add ?

1 July - I have no idea what I should do on this day. Any suggestions?

2 July - (Sapporo - Furano - Cheese Factory - Farm Tomita - Choei Lavender - Saika No Sato - Furano Winery - Rokugo Observatory Deck - Hot Air Balloon )
Qns : 1. Can anyone advise me with the hot air balloon is free flight or tight to rope as I tried emailing to the companies but no replies from them.
2. Is the schedule too tight? Am I visiting too many farms? I am depending on public transport and not renting any vehicle as there is no vehicle rental at Furano.

3 July - (Sapporo beer museum - Chocolate Factory - shopping area Sapporo Stn)
Qns : Is the schedule too relaxing as I have no more idea which attractions to add)

4 July - Flight to Tokyo at 1pm

5 July - ( Hakone - Gotemba - Shinjuku )

6 July ( Disneysea )
Qns : Can we see the fireworks for Disneyland from Disneysea

7 July - (Asakusa ,Shinjuku shopping etc - back to Singapore)

Thanks
by kastine (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/16 13:45
Uji, If I were to visit Ishiya on my way to Otaru on JR line, Which would be the closest stop and how far is the walk? I will be using the JR rail pass and may as well utilize the pass, Instead of the subway.
by Mitsuo (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/16 15:23
The closest JR Station is Hassamu, 1.5 kilometers away. It is about a 20-30 minute walk one way.

... 2009/6/16 15:27
All the questions about the itinerary being busy or not are very difficult to answer, because it greatly depends on the personal travel pace. If you like a fast travel pace, they seem okay, except possibly the Furano day, which, I feel, is too busy.

I have no idea what I should do on this day. Any suggestions?

I recommend to decide based on your personal interests. Also, since I believe that the one day trip to Furano is too busy, how about using the day to extend your trip to Furano by one day?

Can we see the fireworks for Disneyland from Disneysea

When I went the last time, they did the fireworks in a way so that they can be enjoyed from both parks.

Uji 2009/6/16 15:32
Hi

I will follow your suggestion to stay another day at Furano. However, can I check if I should stay at Asahikawa or Furano.

My worries for Furano is that I might be too early for the lavender season if I am there for 2 days there might be nothing for me

Is Asahikawa worthing visiting or I should go try the dolphin watching

Thanks
by kastine (guest) rate this post as useful

balloon ride 2009/6/17 05:41
Balloon ride is a fixed ride, i.e. the balloon is tied to a rope on the ground. 2100 yen for a 5 min. ride.

http://www.alpn.co.jp/english/s-menu/index.html
by William5 rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/17 09:35
My worries for Furano is that I might be too early for the lavender season if I am there for 2 days there might be nothing for me

I think chances are pretty high that the lavender will eb in bloom by early July. Furthermore, there are lots of flowers besides lavender, which are nice to look at.

Asahikawa, on the other hand, has a very famous zoo:
http://www5.city.asahikawa.hokkaido.jp/asahiyamazoo/zoo...

Uji 2009/6/17 09:39
Uji,

Thanks, I think I go over and stay 1 night at the pension over at Furano.

Can I check if I am allow to get and play any fireworks in Hokkaido since it is not allow in Singapore.

Last but not least, with my Hokkaido plan, do you think I should get the Hokkaido rail pass. My plan is Sapporo, Otaru,Furano and back to Sapporo

Thanks
by Kastine (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/17 18:18
Last but not least, with my Hokkaido plan, do you think I should get the Hokkaido rail pass. My plan is Sapporo, Otaru,Furano and back to Sapporo

No, if you do the calculation, you will see that regular tickets are cheaper than the rail pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6829.html

Operation time of park 2009/6/22 19:37
Is the Ishiya Shiroi Koibito Park opened on weekends?

What are the opening hours like?

Thank you!
by Joe.L. (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/23 06:16
Is the Ishiya Shiroi Koibito Park opened on weekends?

Yes.

What are the opening hours like?

See the link above.

reply to this thread