Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Themed restaurants in Osaka! 2009/6/18 15:55
I am really eager for the details, including address's for any themed restaurants in Osaka. I have found lots for Tokyo but not Osaka.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, I am sooooo excited about going to Japan and really want to experience some of this pop- culture!
by Twinkle (guest)  

. 2009/6/18 21:43
Arabian Rock in Shinsaibashi. Don't know the address.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Sammy Ebisu Plaza 2009/6/18 22:25
It's a pretty fun place - the inside is constructed to look like night time of old Japan (somewhere post WW2)
by Yukirin (guest) rate this post as useful

Outback 2009/6/19 16:40
Outback Steak House. Great steaks at reasonable prices. In an Aussie atmosphere.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2009/6/19 16:42
And I forgot to mention Hard Rock Cafe, as well as the Universal Studio Theme Park restaurants.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

...did I misunderstand? 2009/6/19 19:47
Aren't Outback Steakhouse and Hard Rock Cafe American chains available just about everywhere?

I don't think they would count as Japanese pop culture or theme restaurants ^^;;

There is a very large "food amusement park" in the Dotonburi arcade area. I forget the name of it, but inside you can enjoy 3 floors of traditional Japanese yatai and small restaurants serving Osaka cuisine along with manzai shows, performers in costume and carnival games recreated. The interior is built with 1940s Osaka atmosphere and is constructed so that it feels as though you are really outdoors walking through the streets.

We went one night and found it expensive, but worth every cent! The people inside are drunk, noisy and friendly (they paid most of our tabs for us) and the workers were more than welcoming, allowing us into the manzai show and other attractions for free just because we were foreigners.

The place is very large, in a busy neighborhood and has a "food amusement" subtitle in English under the sign, so its difficult to miss.
by mia (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2009/6/20 04:26
I think Outback and Hardrock are theme restaurants. On the other hand, Japanese restaurants in Japan shouldn't be considered theme restaurants.
by ..... (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/20 08:49
There is a very large "food amusement park" in the Dotonburi arcade area.

Unfortunately, it was closed at the end of March 2009. But there is a similar, smaller one in the Tempozan area near the aquarium:
http://www.kaiyukan.com/eng/restaurant/naniwa.htm
by Uji rate this post as useful

closing hours 2009/7/22 14:03
Anyone know what's the closing hours for the themed food court at Tempozan? Will it still be open after 8pm (thinking of going there for dinner after Aquarium visit)

Also, I'm visiting the Osaka Aquarium after hotel check in at ShinOsaka. If i reach Osakako at 5pm, do we have enough time to complete the Aquarium comfortably?
by starwee rate this post as useful

check 2009/7/26 09:37
Katsuno-bou.

awesome amazing restaurant, they fry various things and you can order off the menu as you like it or order a course which they keep sending you food until you say stop. It's not heavy cause I hate heavy fried foods. They've been on TV quite a few times.
It's near or in Higashi-Osaka.
by Satoko1221 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread