Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Peace Park Hiroshima 2009/6/19 04:51
Hello everyone,

When I visit Hiroshima next month, I will obviously like to visit the Peace Park. However, I was wondering, which attraction should I visit first: the Park in general with the A-Bomb Dome, or the Peace Memorial Museum? By visiting the Museum before spending time outside, will I get a better sense of the harrowing nature of its history?

If not, it's fine, and I will just play-it-by-ear as I get there!

Thanks in advance,

Vinny
by Vinny (guest)  

... 2009/6/19 09:34
The dome and the museum are very close to each other. So, it does not matter. In fact, you are likely to pass the dome when accessing the museum, so you are likely to see it on arrival and on departure.
by Uji rate this post as useful

peace museum-first 2009/6/19 10:10
I would recommend going trhough the museum first - it is very moving and gives you an appreciation for how far Hiroshima has recovered once you step out side and and the centopath, the crane exhibit on your way to the A-bomb dome. In the museum you can see the city before and during the bombing - then go outside and see the after. Have a good visit. Peace.
by bill (guest) rate this post as useful

Peace Park 2009/6/19 15:10
Visiting which first isn't important but knowing their background is.

To fully appreciate the true value of the place requires a bit of research beforehand. The Atomic Dome and Peace Memorial Museum are obvious. But it would help to learn about the other memorials and monuments in the Peace Park too. Read about the moving story of Sadako and the Children's Peace Memorial; know about why the Phoenix Trees are planted there; ponder about the existence of the Memorial Cenotaph, Memorial Mound and the Cenotaph for Korean Victims; wonder why the Flame of Peace is still lit and lastly try to ring the Peace Bell. Knowing something about the place always leave me with a more memorable visit, IMHO.
by William5 rate this post as useful

agree 2009/6/19 17:10
Yes, definitely read up about it all..makes it very real.
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread