Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Busy, busy, or a perfect scheme 2009/6/19 17:01
Hi there!

Only a few weeks left before my plane touches down in Japan (3rd of August till 25 th of August). And honestly, I can't wait before that's gonna happen. I've followed the advise in the forum by setting up a itinerary and i've already booked most of my hostels. But I was just hoping that you would like to confirm it and tell me if I'm planning it perfectly or totally wrong in your opinion!

My Itinerary is as followed:

Tokyo -5 Nights
Mount Fuji - 1 Night
Ise: 1/2 day trip
Nara: 2 nights
Mount koya: 1 night
Osaka: 1 night
HimeJi: 1/2 day trip
Hiroshima: 2 nights
Beppu: 2 Nights
Kyoto: 3 Nights
Takayama: 1 Night
Kanazawa: 1 Night
Nikko: 2 Nights
Tokyo: 1 Night

I've planned to start in Tokyo and stay here for 5 days to explore the biggest attractions in the city. The fish market, shinjuku, and the other highlights.
After Tokyo 1 night at Mount Fuji (5th base at the mountain) for taking nice pictures and everything
Then to Nara with a short stop in Ise. After nara 1 day Shinjokin-Ji temple and enjoy the good life in a beautiful temple. Then to Osaka to see the hightlights over there, And then to the famous Castle where I would love to spend a few hours. Afterwards to Hiroshima, where i will stay 2 nights, 1 day in the city, the other day to the small Island where i would love to see the Miyajima Shrine. after Hiroshima to Beppu for the 7 hells. then Kyoto for the temples. Takayama and Kanazawa and finishing in Nikko.

Is this too much for a 3 week stay or is this achievable in 21 days without rushing through the country and the sights. I really hope i planned it good because i would love to see a lot in Japan since it's really hard for me to go there again soon. But I want to enjoy it as well without rushing on the other hand.
by stefanrietdijk  

... 2009/6/19 17:11
It is busy, but doable. Only the section where you visit Mount Koya, Osaka and Himeji within only two overnight stays, seems rushed to me.

Also, I recommend to visit Kanazawa before Takayama:

Kyoto - (JR train) - Kanazawa - (non-JR bus) - Takayama - (JR train) - Tokyo

You can save quite a lot of time by traveling in that order.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread