Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Morning Travel Options 2009/6/20 11:30
Hi,
I'm staying near the Shijo/Karasuma dori junction and wonder which is the fastest way to get to Gojosaka in the morning rush hrs:
(a)by bus along Shijo street east to Gion, then by bus south to Gojosaka
(b)by Hankyu train east to Kawaramachi, walk 300m to Keihan Shijo station, then by Keihan train to Gojo station, then walk east 700m.
Or is there any other way? Thank you.
by kum (guest)  

... 2009/6/21 12:23
Sorry, I am not familiar with the traffic situation of Shijodori during morning rush hours, but I remember my wife sitting in a bus along Shijodori for about 30 minutes for a 500 meter journey during evening rush hours.

I personally would walk. About 20 minutes along Shijo and then through the pleasant lanes of Higashiyama to Gojozaka and Kiyomizudera. About 35-45 minutes in total.
by Uji rate this post as useful

not by bus 2009/6/22 08:16
avoid the buses in rush hour, definitely.
Agree with Uji to walk, but if time is a problem then go with option b
by fmj rate this post as useful

thanks 2009/6/22 10:17
Uji, Fmj, thanks for your help!
by kum (guest) rate this post as useful

the 2009/6/22 22:57
In Kyoto they often say that walking is faster than taking bus.

If you take trains, all stations locates underground. Besides, when you change trains, you must go upstairs to the surface at the Kawaramachi-station, walk across the Kamo River, and go downstairs to the Sijo-station.

So Agree with Uji and fmj, I also think walking is a good way to go there.
by gucchy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread